Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Royal Snail – whinge.
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

I sold a couple of items here recently and promised to post them from Northern Ireland so it’d be quicker and cheaper than the Irish Post Office.
    First, the PO in Newry sent me back as they were not accepting anything between Xmas and NYE (“You wouldn’t want it gone missing in this mess, would you?” – I got asked). Fine, I waited till Tuesday 4th of January. First Class posted as the items are kinda urgent. They were picked up by the van in the early afternoon and… still haven’t arrived in England yet.
    What’s going on?!
    I rang them and they said:
    “We are currently experiencing some unforeseeable delays due to the weather conditions being difficult for this time of the year.”
    They say there was also snow in County Down, that’s where Newry is, last week.
    I can understand a lot but for God’s sake, how long? It’s almost a week, the recipients are unhappy and I feel bad for them too.
    Apart from waiting, is there anything else that can be done?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Post is all over the place at the mo. Still waiting for stuff from CRC despatched on 29th and 30th December for a new build and I know I’m not the only one. Recent stuff seems to be getting through although taking a day or two longer but I guess there’s a warehouse somewhere full of all the parcels from end Dec/beg Jan which is going to take an age to clear.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I sort of know Mamadirt, but the buyers are restless. I don’t care about a few days one way or another but some do. Especially when I sold them something for peanuts 😉
    BTW May I complement your collection of bikes past and present? Are you a mini ton?
    Would love to meet you one day, you seem a decent soul.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Aye I’m waiting on stuff from crc – posted a couple of weeks ago

ton

‘cough cough’…………..

Are you a mini ton?

are you saying i look like a middle aged lady??? 😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think it’s a far, far greater insult towards Mamadirt, actually. Unacceptable tbh. 🙁

Mama’s bike-buying antics make Ton look miserly….

mogsuncle
    Free Member

Glad it’s not just me. Just got over today’s strop after getting home and finding my order from CRC sent on the 28th still isn’t here.

Pook

I’m waiting on CRC stuff, and a CD from play.com posted nearly a month ago.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Oi Ton! Are you saying I look like a middle-aged lady? 😉

BTW May I complement your collection of bikes past and present? Are you a mini ton?

Cheers! 😆

LOL at Elfin – I reckon this new build is another that wont make it out the kitchen 😡 – patience is not my strong point but I’m already printing out returns forms for stuff that hasn’t even arrived and the rest’ll be ebayed this weekend. Now, what alternative bike for mama’s birthday? Reckon I’ve a better chance of buying off the shelf and ordering now as that backlog is gonna take ages to shift 😥

ton

mama d, i like middle aged ladies………..ask the wife…… 😉

mamadirt
    Free Member

😆

Hairychested
    Free Member

mamadirt, you aren’t a middle age-looking, you sadly haven’t posted any underwear-only wrestling clips here. Actually, I don’t know, maybe you are? 😉
    ton, time to start buying bikes, mate. You’re second best here!

keefus
    Free Member

I also ordered goods on the 28th and asked the shop not to use royal snail but they said they used them because they were quicker than anyone else…….i’m still waiting.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Fwiw the parcel arrived this morning .

mamadirt
    Free Member

So did one of mine (posted on 30 December). Still waiting for the other two though 🙁

Hairychested
    Free Member

I spoke to the most helpful staff at the PO in Newry, they were very displeased with the delay. I promised to let them know when the parcels arrive as clearly they felt responsible for them.
    BTW Royal Mail 1st class parcel to Germany – est. delivery time: 3 weeks (from NI). According to the parcel manager there. Loovely!

Cougar

Are you a mini ton?

Suggest changing your name to “Hundredweight” if so.

(-:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Royal Snail – whinge.’ is closed to new replies.