• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by rj.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Royal Mail recorded- anyone had an item delivered (but not to them!)
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Bought a hub last week, osted first class recorded. No sign so checked today- hub was delivered Thursday, while nobody was at home (presumably to another address). Scrawled signature so no idea who signed!

Anyone had this- and can Royal Mail help in any way? Will phone them tommorow..

(apologies, should be in chat!)

scaredypants

just (not) going through the motions with Dell and their courier at present (I assume they should have an address on record somewhere)

hope yours goes better than mine 😕

firestarter
    Free Member

i had this with a set of brakes rm told me i had signed for it 🙁 luckily enough someone from a few streets away dropped them in a few days later saying her mother signed for them without looking

Talkemada
    Free Member

Well, if you're the untended recipient, and it's not your verifiable signature on the docket, then the delivery company are legally at fault. They are obliged to ensure the parcel is delivered correctly to the right person/address.

I got a free MP3 player because of such a cock up. A friend had ordered one, didn't arrive, contacted seller, had another one sent out. Turns out the original one had been left outside the house in the recycling box, and the signature faked. She contacted the seller, and was told 'keep it- it's insured so we'll get compensation from the delivery firm as it's their error'.

She gave the spare one to me. Result! 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

got my parcel after I asked postie to leave in shed, they managed to spell my name right as they scrawled it for me!!

thefirstpancake
    Free Member

I had this recently and it turned out it was at my local post office – the signature was that of the person who received the package there. Could be a possibility.

rj
    Free Member

I've had stuff signed for by the local post office and stuff signed for that I've never seen. The folk I bought it from put in a claim and I got a refund pretty quickly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Royal Mail recorded- anyone had an item delivered (but not to them!)’ is closed to new replies.