Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • royal mail job loses, doesn't look right?
  • mrmo
    Free Member

bbc article

Maybe i have in my head this idea that you have more workers than managers, but seems odd to loose more managers than staff.

wallop

Usual situation – more chiefs than indians. Usually a sign of failure in a business, so it makes sense to get rid of some of them.

project
    Free Member

Well they fail to delive subscription mags on time, and loose letter, they dont get nicked or opened apparently, so when these people get the sack lets hope they dont post a letter to them telling them, it may never arrive.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It doesn’t seem that odd to me, specially as there are no details concerning any possible restructuring. I doubt whether there are “more chiefs than indians” in RM, but it seems perfectly feasible that some of the work which is being carried out by mangers at the present, will be transferred over to employees and included in their duties in the future.

It also seems feasible that some of the work simply won’t get done anymore, or at least by less staff. And that it will mean waiting longer for a phone to be answered or a complaint to be dealt with, for example.

geoffj

RM has more than it’s fair share of poor junior and middle managers – looks like a good move.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Are there Indians working for the Royal Mail?? 😯

See, this is what happens when you outsource things to Mumbai or Chennai or wherever. No wonder it takes so long for yer post to arrive.

Broken Britain. We’re all in it together. 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

staff do things that earns the company money managers dont. lesspeople posting through our doors will have a greater impact than fewer managers.
    ernie is right they will give other folk their duties as well in the resturcture.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Here you go……..RM had already previously announced the loss of 1,400 jobs this year, so maybe the loss in mangers won’t exceed the loss of other employees ?

Royal Mail Unveils Plans To Axe 3,400 Jobs

jon1973
    Free Member

Are there Indians working for the Royal Mail??

I think you’ll find the correct term is ‘Native Americans’.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well I’m sure they have just as much right to work for the Royal Mail as anyone else, after all, it is an Equal Opportunities Employer.

nicko74

Blimey, if they’ve outsourced it to Native Americans in Chennai then they’re REALLY overcomplicating things…

jon1973
    Free Member

Blimey, if they’ve outsourced it to Native Americans in Chennai then they’re REALLY overcomplicating things.

There are probably some tax incentives in it for them.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

How can an American be native in Chennai? 😕

jon1973
    Free Member

How can an American be native in Chennai?

I think that was the joke.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Native Americans have always done their best to **** up mail deliveries……..the sooner someone sorts them out the better

jon1973
    Free Member

Native Americans have always done their best to **** up mail deliveries

How

IanMunro
    Free Member

This is the sort of thing that happens when you let muslamics run the royal mail under Iraqi law.

scaredypants

Native Americans have always done their best to **** up mail deliveries……..the sooner someone sorts them out the better

LOL

konabunny
    Free Member

The workers have already been casualised to a significant extent.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘royal mail job loses, doesn't look right?’ is closed to new replies.