Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Royal Mail broke my forks…. any chance of getting money back?
  • rickon
    Free Member

I sent some forks to a chap on STW, were fine when left here… but when the chap got them he tried them out and oil squirted out the top of the lockout….

Anyone had dealings with Royal Mail and refunds? they were insured with them, and STW chap is happy to back me up..

Cheers

Ricks

trail_rat
    Free Member

how do you suggest RM caused that ?

I cant see it my self !

BigJohn

No chance

rickon
    Free Member

Just on the basis that i checked them over before I sent them, even used them a few days before without any issue…

GlenMore
    Free Member

And how did RM damage them?

nuke

RS forks? If so, never heard of it 'squirting' out of the motion control. They certainly do have a tendency to leak around the motion control particularly if during transit they were not upright…moco off, top up oil, replace, ride.

spooky_b329

Lots of oil or just a bit? Might have been left upside down overnight. If there is damaged packaging RM will probably claim they wern't adequately package, if there is no damage, they will claim they must have already been broken!

GlenMore
    Free Member

My Rebas (with BBMC) are stored upside down and I've never had any squirting issues.

westkipper
    Free Member

Its a fair cop, guv, it wuz me- when Im not striking I like to spend my time in the office checking out folk's bike parts.
    sorrryyyy 🙂

rickon
    Free Member

Cheers chaps… specially to Nuke and Spooky 🙂

I've already refunded the chap his money and they'll be winging their way back to me, might deliver next time by hand 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Royal Mail broke my forks…. any chance of getting money back?’ is closed to new replies.