Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rowberrow Wood Trail Builders – Thank You
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I was up Burrington Combe (Mendip) shredding bone-dry trails all afternoon – ace!

Anyway, there were a lot of bikers in Rowberrow Woods. So I thought “maybe the DH-style trails in there were coming back to life” after being trashed by forestry work – sure enough they are! I was chatting to one of the builders (didn’t give his name but was riding 5″ red Foes very fast). They’ve re-built Santa’s Grotto/Xmas Trees better than ever. I had a go (avoiding the big jumps) and it went really well.

A big thank you to everyone who is helping to rebuild the trails. 😀

oldfart

give me vague directions to santas grotto .is it ok for extreme jey ?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

jeyness – yes you can bimble down it (like I do)

See the wiggly blue lines in the woods?

The lower one.

Use the forest roads to ride up near the top of the wood. You see that C shaped forest road on the map? At the apex there is an intersection of forest roads. At the intersection you’ll see a dirt trail leading into dense xmas trees. Find this and the rest will follow. There’s lots of other fun bits in the wood. Best after a dry spell like this one.

TBH everywhere was uber fun today – I went so fast!

oldfart

might be up that way tomorrow.looks like if i ride from trig point on blackdown down the fast track to the gate its just down from there? on the first b/path on the right? then on the left ? have i got me bearings?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

yeah when you get down to the gate go through then down/along the forest road straight ahead, go left up nother forest road, you get to a xroads -straight on goes down toward Tynings, left climbs up to the grouse feeders. Trail dives into dense trees on the right -very dark!

The bottom sections are ballsyier – lower your saddle and brake lots!

Hope you have lots of fun

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Have you seen the Mahoooosive drop they’ve put in at the bottom, building up behind a felled tree!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rowberrow Wood Trail Builders – Thank You’ is closed to new replies.