Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Roval 29 rims – rim tape required for tubeless?
  • angeldust
    Free Member

New bike (STUMPJUMPER FSR COMP EVO 29 2015) is on it’s way this weekend, in time for some good weather! The wheelset is listed as tubeless ready (‘Roval 29 rims laced to Specialized sealed hubs make for a tubeless-ready trail wheelset’). Does anyone know if this will be ready to run tubeless (just add sealant), or if rim strip tape needs to be fitted? Thanks.

pirahna
    Free Member

Take a look when the bike arrives, if the rim tape is “2bliss” then you’re good to go. I think the valves that Specialized supply with the bike don’t have removable cores (could be wrong) so you might want to buy some Stans.

angeldust
    Free Member

Thanks. The reason for asking in advance (before the bike arrived) was so I could order in some tape if required. Won’t hurt to ride with tubes for the first couple of rides I suppose, but I bet I will puncture!

Anyone actually know for sure?

Tracey

We have two sets of 26″ Roval Traverse ELs both came with tubes fitted but are fitted with tubeless tape and also came with the valves which are somewhere in the garage in case I decide to take the plunge.

trusty

We’ve got 2 sets of the 2014 versions here, both sets were ready taped and just needed sealant. Went up easily with a track pump too

angeldust
    Free Member

Sounds good, cheers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Roval 29 rims – rim tape required for tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.