Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • routes starting in ambleside please
  • bobbyspangles

i am going up for 2 days this sunday till tues morning 😀

i would appreciate any tips on routes starting from ambleside-ideally day rides with a little bit of tech stuff but not too much as i am slowly indoctrinating my gf into bikng and dont want to hurt her too much-not trying to mollycoddle her but softly softly catchee monkey! 🙂

all helps appreciated.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Go to the boys at Biketreks, I've always found them a great help to show you routes on a map etc

grumm
    Free Member

Loughrigg Fell/Terrace is good for non-technical riding with great views etc. Claife Heights is also not too far away and reasonably straightforward. As said, get to Biketreks and they will sort you out.

Trekster

Probably simplest and easiest route would be Claife Hieghts imo.

Presume you have a map? Mate has mine so from memory;
    From Ambleside head out towards Hawkshead the take the road down to the Lake side at High/Low Wray. Cycle along Lake side on BW. There is a steep cobbled track up to your right, take this up onto Claife Hieghts. Then it`s a forest road for a bit before descending the BW, basically through a farmers field. You will come out at Far Sawrey. From there you can pedal back towards Hawshead and then Ambleside if she has had enough or turn left and take the BW back over to the Lake and along the same Lakeside track back to High Wray/Ambleside.
    Short, simple, with some easy escape routes and the all important cafes en-route at Hawkshead.

If you do go to Biketreks go early or day before, busy people. They also have printed maps of the good bits in the area.

Nipping down to Grizdale may be a better option for GF? Trail centre with route markers for easy navigation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘routes starting in ambleside please’ is closed to new replies.