Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Routes near little langdale
  • yanboss

Staying in little langdale in the lakes over Christmas. Hoping to get out for a couple of rides. Looking for route recommendations, ideally riding from the door/ rideable to the start.

Thanks!

whitestone
    Free Member

There’s the Loughrigg – Tilberthwaite – Iron Keld loop and all its variants. It passes through Little Langdale so easy to pick up. Not too far to ride to get to Grizedale Forest either.

ampthill

First choice as above.

A another option is Sustrans route 637 to Coniston.

Then do the Walna Scar road. Either do it as a loop and then back the same way. Or follow the Walna Scar road all the way to the other side and back over Wrynose pass. This option is road heavy but to me a satisfying loop. Ok I haven’t done it done it since rigid bikes but I still think it has merit

I’ve stayed in Langdale alot and IMHO there are no legal rights of way in that area need to be avoided so just plan away on a map

martinhutch

Loads!

Whitestone’s route is decent, although TBH I’d do it the other direction and include more of the stuff around Hodge Close quarry plus the track descending towards the bottom of Wrynose Pass from the farm at High Tilberthwaite.

Does make the climb up from Skelwith a bit more of a drag, so horses for courses.

Esme
    Free Member

Don’t forget to ride into Cathedral Cavern to look for the goldfish!

Esme
    Free Member

Make sure you have the latest OS map, as there are some new bridleways in this area.

Marin
    Free Member

Old Dungeon Gill shuts tonight at 9 and reopens 27th. Just saying like.

lowey

You are literally spoilt for choice round there. Where abouts are you staying and I’ll flick you over some routes.

scruff
    Free Member

Lowey could you copy me in please, cheekier the better, ride a few times a year round there.

yanboss

Thanks for the ideas. Great to hear there are options from the door. Good news is we are staying till the 29th so old dungeon gill still a possibility.

Lowey, thanks that would be great – staying just along from cathedral cavern

lowey

I’ll send you a gpx

lowey

Sent it to you both. Bit cheeky so you didnt get it from me.

j3ffo
    Free Member

@lowey you wouldn’t mind sending me the gpx would you too? Hoping to had that way tomorrow weather permitting

TY

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Routes near little langdale’ is closed to new replies.