• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by aw.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Routes in Norfolk
  • aw
    Free Member

I going to Norfolk for a long weekend on a cycling holiday staying Kelling Heath as a base near Sherringham. I went last year with the same group and ended up doing my first century ride but the route not particular good, lots of main roads.

Does anyone have some suggested road rides in the area?

MoreCashThanDash

Think ton had a touring thread a week or so ago about where to go in Norfolk, a search should find it.

Anyway, it’s Norfolkngood. Go further south, it’s Suffolknbetter

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I did a sportive in the area last year, you could have a look for the route map, I’d imagine that they tried to fit in the best roads. It was called circuit of the Fens. Pretty boring tbh.

sandboy

You are perfectly situated to enjoy Norfolk’s steepest climb from the coast road over the railway line up to Kelling Heath. In all honesty you are in a perfect location to enjoy the beauty and quietness of the North Norfolk countryside within easy distance of the Broads taking a more inland route back or head west towards Hunstanton where you will find lots of traffic free lanes to explore. Contrary to belief, it is quite hilly in places, a perfect area for cycling.

dantsw13

Im from that area previously. Stay away from the A47 and any other trunk road and you’ll be fine. 5 miles from the coast will be much quieter roads than anything coastal.

mugsys_m8

Kelling heath – Gresham -Aldburgh-Suffield-Southrepps-Trunch-Knapton-Honing-Dilham-Ingham-Hickling-Martham-Waxham-Sea Palling-Lessingham-Happisburgh-Ridlingotn-Knapton-Trunch-you can work the rest out.

Or head further towards Tunstead-Ashamnhaugh-Neatishead-Horning-Woodbastwick (Woodfordes brewery) etc.

Spent my first 18 years cycling and then hoolignaising on a motorbike around back lanes radiationg from North Walsham!

stu170
    Free Member

Take the mtb and get up to pretty corner, and have a play around there.

aw
    Free Member

Thanks guys…some good suggestions.

I have the ‘Britain in a box’ set and have tried a few of them. They have been pretty sweet up to now. there is a couple in Norfolk but not particularly near where i am staying.

I am taking the MTB 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Routes in Norfolk’ is closed to new replies.