Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Routes from Peaslake around Holmbury, Surrey Hills
  • gribble
    Free Member

I am riding with some mates round Peaslake Sunday, where I have ridden a bit before. I am unfortunately mostly a weekend warrior. The routes I know are the obvious ones:

Barry Knows Best, Telgraph Row/Road, Yogurt Pots.

I want to make this into a longer ride, preferably making total ride a few hours long at least, trying to link into the above. Please can you recommend any easy links from either the end of telegraph row (by YHA/car park), or anything that naturally links up/would make an interesting route.

I know there are a couple of rides up from the path by the church opposite the Hurtwood Inn and from the car park (Walking Bottom), but to be honest I have always been with mates and never been too on the ball. Any pointers for trails would be much appreciated.

rootes1

you can get maps from local shop sin the area and also search for gps plots on garmin connect plus other websites

rewski
    Free Member

Nirvana Cycle do a few maps, the killer loop takes you all over the three hills and ranmore

njee20
    Free Member

Take Telegraph all the way to the bottom, turn right, left at the crossroads, follow it to the right and drop onto the fireroad. Left into the car park, then right onto the road through Holmbury, left at the crossroads and up onto Leith. Whole new playground.

Ditto from Peaslake, head past the church into the car park, you have Pitch to your left, which is easy to navigate and Winterfold to your right, which has some real gems but you’re less likely to stumble upon them.

gribble
    Free Member

Thank you for the comments above – have looked at garmin connect and will see if I can get a local map for some local route advice.

If you go up the steep path by the church, where is the best route from there?

winterfold
    Free Member

If you do that then you’re kind of going backwards on the Pitch trails.

Instead go to car park 2 ( a bit west of the pub) then take the fire road that heads S up the hill. There are a few turns but there are trails running off all of them. Keep your eyes open and you will see trail beginnings and ends.

Or get a map from pedal and spoke.

mcboo
    Free Member

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/125609451

There you go. Stick it on to your garmin, if you start from the bottom of Telegraph this one will take you up to Leith then down Summer Lightening then all the way down the singletrack to Westcott, long easy climb round to the top of Barry, into Pealake, up and down Pitch then up to Yoghurt then a blast to finish down Telegraph.

You can add bits around Leith and Pitch if you want extra but this is a really good loop

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Routes from Peaslake around Holmbury, Surrey Hills’ is closed to new replies.