Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Routes around Long Mynnd?
  • FOG

Mrs. FOG is off on a course in Shrewsbury soon and I have picked myself in for a bit of a ride. I have dug out the ST route guide which looks good [although there appears to be a bit on a footpath ] but does anyone have any other suggestions for the area?

domino

The ST route is good (the one that goes up by the golf course?). You can't really get lost up there, the only PITA was when we did a lovely long descent off the back of the Long Mynd (because it was fun) and then realising we had to climb all the way back but thats half the fun of riding there, you are rewarded nicely for the effort of the climbs.

disco_stu
    Free Member

i've done this one a few times, its got some cracking descents on it.

Ben_Haworth

FOG – the "footpath" is a Permissive Bridleway on the ground (that's been as that for quite a while now).

scruff
    Free Member

I cant remember the STW route but navigation is pretty easy. The Batch, Minton Batch, Round Hill are good decents. BW to SW of Pole cottage is fast/rocky and you can then follow the lane S through gate which takes you to the bottom of steep tarmac which inturn delivers you at the top of Minton Batch. Climb back up through the woods via churchmoor farm, Cardigan Valley is also a good climb, tough but do able.

Its a shame you cant ride any footpaths, especially midweek when no wardens are about, as some would be very good.

Speshpaul

"Its a shame you cant ride any footpaths, especially midweek when no wardens are about, as some would be very good. "

Yes because you wouldn't want screw up the access for everyone else would you.

FOG

cheers chaps that seems plenty to go at1

YellowBelly
    Free Member

Try Eastridge woods, some trail building going on there recently, even did a small bit myself. Links up well with Stiperstones routes as well.
    You could do a big day out linking eastridge/Stiperstones/Longmynd.

I've guided a few guys off here in the past, but haven't done it recently as trying to get fit.

Yes, riding the footpaths around here would be really stupid, especially places like Townbrook Hollow that are clearly not for bikes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Routes around Long Mynnd?’ is closed to new replies.