Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • routes around hebden bridge/oxenhope area~?
  • taka
    Free Member

got bored of doing the usual one over stairs lane down through hardcastle craggs into hebden bridge.

feel like a change did a good one with some people off here couldnt remember it for the life of me?

anyone got any good ones?/maps of them?

cheers tom

Gooner
    Free Member

tom, do you have memory map as i have a couple of routes around there

nigew
    Free Member

What about, up from Oxenhope down to Ogden, up to Withins, down to Wainstalls, across MIdgley Moor to Pecket Well and down to Hardcastle craggs?
    Or if you feel like been cheeky
    go over Wuthering Heights, but prob not on a busy sunny Sunday/ bank Hol Monday.
    There are loads of routes, have alook on the OS map

taka
    Free Member

nigew cheers for that will have a look on the maps
    gooner no i dont at the moment

tom

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’d be hesitant about giving Tom any routes involving hills as he rides without a front brake, but then even a canal towpath could be hazardous if he fell in 🙁

nigew
    Free Member

No worries, some of the tracks over Midgley are better than others, but hard to explain which as some are not really shown on the map, just go ride em, you will only get it wrong once 😉

taka
    Free Member

not anymore got both now juicy 5’s just short on funds before and i have fallen in canals before “stupid spd’s!”

Gooner
    Free Member

What about start at Causeway Foot pub, up past the golf course to the Withens pub, turn right along the road past the wind farm and Warley Moor reservoir, down the hill across Oxenhope Moor following the culvert to the top of stairs lane, down stairs lane into Haworth. Turn right at the pub (can’t remember what it is called) down the hill and turn right at the bottom, up the steep road crossing the road at the top and then turn right up towards Mount Pleasant Farm, turn right and go across Black Moor. and turn right along the tarmac road straight over the road at the pub up to Cobling Farm and back onto Ogden Moor and finally back to the start.
    Its about 23km with 525m of climbing

taka
    Free Member

and i could start at black moor (my house) and finish there 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘routes around hebden bridge/oxenhope area~?’ is closed to new replies.