Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Route suggestions – SW Lakes
  • blackhat
    Free Member

I've got a few days at Boot coming up and i want to tap into the STW collective for some route ideas. I'm looking for a couple of longish days of riding (as opposed to hike-a-bike), preferable with start/finish in Boot. I've already decided one day will include the Burnmoor-Boot descent but I'm looking for some local knowledge for other must-do climbs or downhills in the area.

crazy-legs

Personally I'd do that the other way. Boot -> Burnmoor Tarn and down to Wasdale Head. Along the road to Nether Wasdale then up and over Irton Fell (bit of hike-a-bike involved but worth it) then the excellent descent through Mitredale Forest to Eskdale Green. Finish along the BW on the S side of the river past Dalegarth Hall back to Boot.

There's another good loop that involves the road climb of Hardknott Pass, just before the summit there's a BW heading off S. Various cheeky and legal routes back inc over or round Harter Fell.

Some great riding round there and it's mostly far quieter than the usual honeypot areas round Ambleside/Windermere.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Route suggestions – SW Lakes’ is closed to new replies.