Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Route suggestions around the NY moors.
  • evh22
    Free Member

Could anyone suggest a route in the NY moors for tomorrow? Had loads of fun around rosedale thanks to big bear bikes recently and am a bit sick of dalby. Am also sick of trudging through mud but hey, you can’t ask for everything now can you….

Teetosugars
    Free Member

DeeJay or Ton know the area well..by that, I mean see if you can get hold of them.

Not seen Deejay around that much lately, but Tony is often here..

ton

i think you need to stay on the main large tracks on the NYM at the moment. anything else will involve a lot of mud and gloop.

Hutton le Hole, to Gillamoor, up Rudland Rig, to West Gill Head, turn right down to Church Houses, up Blakey Bank, round the iron stone railway to Dale Head farm, descend to road
    lane back to Rosedale, then either up the chimney to the 1st left turn and follow swampy b/w back to Lastingham, or follow lanes back and have a nice pint at the pub in Lastingham.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Guisbrough woods + strava (mostly ignore the waymarked stuff)

Steep muddy technical goodness.

evh22
    Free Member

Thanks. Sounds great. 🙂

porlus
    Free Member

Rudland rigg will be good in this weather. Have you a gps device. I got a good route from this website.

http://www.mtb-routes.co.uk/northyorkmoors/default.aspx

Done the Farndale one and the Nawton loop one. This one may be a bit claggy though.

Edit. Just remembered that the start of the Nawton route was really muddy when we did it in late spring. Really warm day, but after some rain. Think there is a diversion you can take though. Brill ride though. Well worth having a crack at.

legolam
    Free Member

Here’s a couple of routes from near Guisborough:
    http://www.mtbtrails.info/Trail_Venue.aspx?VenueNumber=126

stoat

2nd guis forestry!

evh22
    Free Member

Well, as the other half was route choosing we ended up in bog and some more bog. But it was great and we’ll be back soon to try out all the other suggestions.

🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Route suggestions around the NY moors.’ is closed to new replies.