Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Route suggestions
  • northshoreniall

Evening all – planning, or trying to, a ride this weekend with mate and his 9 year old son. Bike fit lad but not too confident off road or keen on big hills just yet. Plan ride somewhere, bivvy/ camp and back Sunday morning – lad can do about 15 miles each way.

Based from Hexham so currently think ride bit up Sandstone Way and back but concerned might be too big climb. Not worried about a drive to somewhere – even low level lakes route?? Some sort landy track route? maybe a bothy as reserve venue.

What you got? Thanks, Niall

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Gregs Hut from Garrigill?

Steady away.

EDIT, sorry, are you starting from Hexham?

northshoreniall

Cheers – would be a fair climb for him, had thought of it – will check with his dad.
    Edit – seen your edit, no they live there but am happy drive to a start point

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s a fair climb but not massive for a fit 9yr old (IIR) could be a ‘Big Day Out’ for him though, which will etch in his memory!

northshoreniall

Could even ditch bikes and wander up to the top and bivvy weather permitting I guess. I like

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

According to Memory Map it’s 10.5K form Garrigill to Gregs Hut by the shortest route. I can’t do GPX so you’d have to go retro & look on a map!

northshoreniall

I just checked my strava as did 3 years ago 11km with 572m climbing straight up main route!

northshoreniall

Any other ideas? Cheeers, Niall

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Route suggestions’ is closed to new replies.