• This topic has 45 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ton.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Roughly how much food do you consume in an average day?
  • I’ve gone from

Maccy D’s breakfast
    Sandwich/wrap & crisps, or KFC/Maccy D’s for lunch
    Evening meal
    Snacking when peckish

to

Banana/apple, maybe toast for brekky or Ryvita with cottage cheese and mackerel if at home
    More fruit throughout the day, maybe some nuts
    Occassionally a bag of crisps
    Maybe a pub meal if working away in the evening, or more fruit/fish/or chicken.

Lost a stone in 6 weeks

loddrik
    Free Member

I eat way too much. I am still a fat **** no matter how much riding I do and I guess I always will be. I’m comfortable with that though. I like food, invariably non healthy food too.

warton
    Free Member

porridge for breakfast most days, with sugar, maybe a piece of toast
    fruit and a flapjack midmorning.
    salad, yoghurt and fruit for lunch when at work
    normal tea at night, meat veggies, pasta that sort of thing
    nothing after that

although at the weekend, that goes out the window, and i eat lots of crap

I’ve managed to cut the crap out at weekends too, which is helping

IanMunro
    Free Member

Two slices of toast plastered with butter and a packet of crisps so far.

john_drummer
    Free Member

weekdays:

banana for breakfast
    “healthy” ready meal or leftover home-cooked low fat meal for lunch
    zero-fat or very low fat yoghurt & 2-3 pieces of fruit to follow it
    fairly healthy low fat meal for dinner/tea/whatever you want to call it
    handful of dry-roast peanuts during the evening

weekends:
    scrambled egg on toast or occasionally a fry-up for breakfast
    no lunch
    fairly healthy evening meal (except for yesterday, nothing)
    more peanuts during the evening

If it weren’t for the beer I’d probably have lost a lot more than a stone & a half this year.
    I’m still a fat b******* but not as much of one. three more stone to go & I’ll see what I look like then

djglover
    Free Member

I seem to eat almost constantly. I had half a cake and a whole maltloaf yesterday on top of 3 square meals. I commute by bike or run or ride pretty much every day. Its hard to eat enough sometimes.

I don’t keep an accurate record, but I would guess I’m on something like 4000 – 5000Kcal a day.

Simple food, just lots of it.
    Porridge
    Bread
    Vegetables
    Fruit
    Chips

heresjonny
    Free Member

I’ve just had all four wisdom teeth out yesterday, so not eating much really. The pain is quite unpleasant.

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

It’s not about amounts it’s about what goes in. We don’t eat anything processed or high in sat fats. Meat from butcher lots of veg and the occasional bit of fruit. Drink ale not lager and allow your self one takeaway or dirty meal a week. Try it and without trying your body will become leaner.

kudos100
    Free Member

Amount is nowhere near as important as quality of calories. If you eat a ton of good food you will still get fat, but it is much harder.

Diet at the moment is something like this:

Breakfast: porridge with fruit and soya yogurt or 3 eggs and tomatoes on wheat free bread with peanut butter.

Snack: oatcakes humous + piece of fruit

Lunch: Tuna salad (mix of different colours of veg)

Snack: 100g almonds + bit of salad

Supper: either fish/chicken or beans, with lots of veg and rice or potatoes

Snack: soya yoghurt

I have only just got my appetite back after 3 months of being injured. I also take a multi vitamin + fish oil and have EVOO on most of my meals instead of butter to get in more good fat.

When I am into my training (gym) diet is something like this:

Breakfast: 5 eggs and tomatoes on toast with peanutbutter

Snack: homemade protein shake (rice protein, oats, banana, soya milk, evoo)

Lunch: Tuna salad (sometimes 2 tins of tuna + large salad) oatcakes and humous

Snack: 200g almonds + piece of fruit

(on workout days – Protein shake, banana, rice protein, PWO)

Supper: Chicken or fish + lots of veg and rice or potatoes

Snack: soya yogurt

If I am bulking up I will increase calories and make sure I am getting some protein at every meal. If I am trying to loose bodyfat I will cut carbs to mostly morning and pre + post workout.

I generally don’t bother to eat under maintenance calories as if I cut carbs and increase protein I lose fat anyway.

My only vices are crisps, I eat a fair amount of ready salted crisps, but as I have low bodyfat I can get away with it.

Also drink herb tea, and try and get enough water down me.

I eat well most of the time, but often slip up and miss meals which stops my growth in the gym.

Calorie wise, for the last 3 months I have been at about 2000. Now eating 2500-3000 and will be up to 3500-4000 when back in the gym

GJP
    Free Member

1/ May be a banana for breakfast and a Cappucino, but more often than not in the last few weeks I skip the banana
    2/ Soup and a bread roll for lunch
    3/ Pretty standard tea – meat, veggies or pasta (but I have reduced my portion size by say 20%)
    4/Perhaps a Yoghurt (full fat) or some fruit so finish off

What I have learned recently is just how much I used to over eat even though I rarely eat chocolate, cake or crisps, pies etc.

I think my current calorie intake is somewhere within 1500 and 2000 a day. Lost 16 lbs in last 6-8 weeks, without much exercise. Makes huge difference on the bike – never grinned so much for long time.

That’s the thing with me too – eating probably half the amount I was before and not being hungry, makes me realise how much I’d been over eating before. Coupled with better food and I feel great.

GJP
    Free Member

Yes – I should have added that I do not feel I am starving myself – just retrained my brain to eat less.

I also no long have the bacon sandwich or danish pastry or whatever mid ride – but admittedly I am only riding about 2 and 1/2 hours at a time. Not sure I would want to cycle for much longer without some food intake.

What’s this ‘riding’ you speak of?

Driving my 4×4 to the gym soon

mudshark
    Free Member

Amount is nowhere near as important as quality of calories

Quality of calories?! Well if you mean simple sugars and fat isn’t as healthy as complex carbs and protein then fair enough but if you eat excessive calories in whatever its form you will store it no matter if it’s burgers or tuna.

My usual day – at work anyway:

breakfast – bowl of cereal; about 3 x the recommended serving as those are tiny

elevensies – banana

1st lunch – cheese sandwich
    2nd lunch – peanut butter sandwich
    both usually with chunky home made bread

dinner – loadsa veg with pasta or rice and meat or fish

I’m 5’11”, 11st 2lbs and feeling fit.

kudos100
    Free Member

Quality of calories?! Well if you mean simple sugars and fat isn’t as healthy as complex carbs and protein then fair enough but if you eat excessive calories in whatever its form you will store it no matter if it’s burgers or tuna

If you eat a ton of good food you will still get fat, but it is much harder

If You bothered to read the whole of my post you would see that I mentioned this.

mudshark
    Free Member

Well I did and I don’t think you were clear; what’s good food? Low fat?

kudos100
    Free Member

Try eating 3000 calories from lean meat (chicken, fish) and vegetables in a day and see how far you get. Then try eating the same amount of calories from crap (fast food, cakes, chocolate, fizzy drinks)and you can do it in one meal.

Nothing wrong with good fat, it is an important part of a healthy diet.

loddrik
    Free Member

Looks like im the only one who eats shite all the time then.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

When cycling to work I eat shite loads and when I don’t I tent to lay off the pies a bit.

buttercup
    Free Member

I rarely eat breakfast.
    Scrounge whatever somebody left over at work for lunch/some BS I made… today it is ground beef on bread with a relentless…
    I usually drink the dinner, or have some form of carb overload.

That’s the average (not riding) day… I usually eat less on days I have had an insane ride. Sausage and Mash is almost always the meal of the day.

gee
    Free Member

Big bowl of fruit and fibre
    Fruit for snacks
    Soup, main course and fruit (school dinners but they are usually ok)
    Bread (no butter – school makes yummy bread)
    Banana
    Yoghurt
    Bagels
    Some sort of potato/pasta/rice based dinner from the low gi books
    Don’t really drink any alcohol. Probably the worst thing I eat is lots of cakes on rides and lots of coffee at work.

tony24
    Free Member

Breakfast 5 30am – 2 boiled eggs on half a bagel a wholemeal bagel the other half with peanut butter.
    8 am banana or oat bar.
    10 am half wholemeal sandwich, apple and something else around 150 calories.
    1:30 pm other half sandwich, banana, low fat yogurt.
    4:30 – 5:30 pm dinner with omlette, chicken and some form of carbs.
    Hours training
    Protein shack when home around 8:30.

I eat alot but then i train for an hour 5 x a week and do around 4 hours riding on a saturday. I also have a manual job doing double glazing installation so i pretty much burn a ton of calories all day.

coffeeking
    Free Member

My days usually go:

No breakfast
    Coffee
    Lunch (small cooked meal like a small portion of lasagne from canteen)
    Coffee
    Dinner – omlette/chicken stir fry/hand full of nuts
    Coffee

Once or twice a week with an added dairy milk bar. And I still don’t lose weight.

yunki
    Free Member

hmmm…
    breakfast today – donut and a mug of tea.. followed by another mug of tea.. and then another (usually a slice or two of toast)

lunch – another donut and much tea.. strong sugary tea with a splash of milk.. (usually ryvita and humous and tomatoes..)

snack – maybe a spring roll and a bag of crisps.. tea and biscuits

dinner – as much roast as I can eat without puking.. there will be lots of buttery creamy ingredients involved.. followed by something gooey and chocolatey and then tons of grapes and strawberries.. with some crisps later..

I used to be pretty much rastafarian in my diet but my family will not conform to a healthy diet under any circumstances.. I am outnumbered, outgunned and out voted and with all that crappy food in the house I find it hard to resist..

cheers_drive

I always thought that my main meals were fairly healthy with all meals cokked from scratch but I always put on weight when riding less than twice a week. But I wasn’t considering the huge about of sweet snacks I was eating or the starch filled white carbs I was eating in the evening. A beer or glass of wine every night didn’t help either. I’ve totally cut back on them over the past 2 weeks an introduced better portion control. I still eact lots of snack but thinks like nuts and humous and sandwiches has been replaced by soup. I’ve lost 10lbs in 2 weeks and that was including 3 days in Germany were avoiding refined carbs in hotels and restuarants is tough.
    During the week I’m hoping to keep the control up with a ‘treat yourself day’ on Friday or Saturday depending on plans.

cheers_drive

coffeeking – Member
    My days usually go:

No breakfast
    Coffee
    Coffee
    Coffee

Once or twice a week with an added dairy milk bar. And I still don’t lose weight.

And you’re honestly don’t have any snacks between those meals?

Twin
    Free Member

Approximately 3 times my bodyweight (currently 19st). In a fat phase at the moment.

emsz
    Free Member

amazing really, i see all you lot eating heathily, then i go to trail centers an all I see are *big boned* blokes… 😆

Twin
    Free Member

I’m extremely *big boned*. Unfortunately those bones are also covered in layers of flab.

Today I’ve had…

A tin of tuna
    A banana
    2 Ryvita with flora & marmite
    3 strong coffees (with 1 sugar)
    A handful of roast chicken
    2 small bottles of lager

And been to the gym for an hour and a half and I’m not hungry

kudos100
    Free Member

My days usually go:

No breakfast
    Coffee
    Coffee
    Coffee

I’m not surprised.

redthunder
    Free Member

5000 calories

I’m aortic explorer BTW.

Also, I’m a vegetarian between meals 😉

andrewh
    Free Member

Loads, mostly cakes and biscuits. Am I the only person who has pudding after breakfast?
    5’11” and 10st2 as I ride quite a bit.
    Probably building up to a cholestrol problem despite my lack of girth…

ton

currently trying to lose some weight………….23 stone when i got weighed prior to my heart procedure a month ago.
    looking to get down to 18 stone.

so
    porridge for breakfast
    2 pieces of fruit mid morning
    tuna/ham/egg/whatever on 2 wholemeal slices for lunch with a cupasoup
    2 pieces of fruit mid afternoon
    meat/fish with loads of veg and a small amout of carbs for evening meal
    a couple of biscuits (digestive/rich tea) for supper.

emsz
    Free Member

I’ve had:

bowl of museli
    coffee (lots)
    small bag of jelly tots
    couple of bits of toast

Sue_W
    Free Member

emsz – 😆 re ‘big-boned blokes!

I love food, eat lots, and have stayed around the same weight (7 and a half stone) for the last 20 years. I do eat biscuits / cake etc ( but never loads) and don’t eat meat, just fish and veg, and always homecooked (never ready meals or takeaways).

I kinda figure that combining good food, a healthy appetite, and exercising every day is a pretty good approach 🙂

anto164
    Free Member

Today i’ve had…

3x white toast for breakfast with margarine

1x 2 finger twix
    1x snickers

no lunch

pint of OJ

dinner of lamb, peas, taters from the garden, and some mushrooms.
    bowl of mint ice cream

Really need to start eating more healthily.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Is this not the right place to mention I’ve had 3 French Fancies and a bottle of pear cider for tea? Mind you, I have lost a stone and a half so far this year 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Roughly how much food do you consume in an average day?’ is closed to new replies.