Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rough bike vs Shiny Bike
  • Dancake
    Free Member

I have had a brand new Meta and a 456 with trick bits.

I have also had a rattly 456 and I have just started riding an old Meta..this one doesn’t have bells/ whistles. It does have a coil shock shoehorned in and some heavy bombers. And it works!

Have to say I love this Meta much more than the new one I had 18 months ago (I am experiencing “best bike ever” syndrome and it was the same for the 456.)

Anyone else prefer their cheap ‘un to their pricey one??

IMAG0065 by Dancake2010, on Flickr

w Forks a bit too long. Coil shock works really well for a lard arse like me.

captaindanger

yeah, you can rag tatty bikes but you have to be careful going through mud on shiny bikes.

miketually
    Free Member

Shiny bike? Does not compute.

6 years old. Only recently upgraded from original rigid fork to 5 year old Bombers (for £35!). Been SS for years, but now 1×9. Gnarrified with wide bars, short stem and big tyres. Held together by stickers, duct tape and rust.

jasterixstrange
    Free Member

Last bike was a khaki coloured kona stinky with missing paint and other proof of “offs” … just switched to a chrome looking Scott ransom … I guess this sides me with the shiny folk?

singlecrack
    Free Member

Shiny bikes are faster…..FACT 😆

Kahurangi

Mud doesn’t stick to shiny bikes, nor if you’re going fast enough.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Shiny is the only way, or atleast if they’re a dull colour they must have pretty coloured bits and stealth sun reactive shininess

steve_b77
    Free Member

Shiny is the only way, or atleast if they’re a dull colour they must have pretty coloured bits and stealth sun reactive shininess

spiddy
    Free Member

I know the dilema… for me I built and upgraded my old bike on the cheap and have ridden it for 5 yrs – it’s an old friend. The shiny new bike albeit faster, lighter etc etc just doesn’t have the attachment of the old bike yet. I’m sure it’ll catch up over the summer!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rough bike vs Shiny Bike’ is closed to new replies.