Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Rotor catching – Help
  • covertbaz
    Free Member

Ok so I have a set of Fox 36 forks (2010) and some Hope V2 brakes, my issue is that I’m running a 203mm rotor and the centre of th rotor (coloured floating part) is catching the lowest part of the post mount on the fork – just can’t suss out why, tried everything nod didn’t have the issue on my old Lyriks

Anyone any ideas?

ricardo666
    Free Member

Rotor might be slightly bent, or may catch on your spacer. Maybe the spacer is upside down ?

br
    Free Member

Is the rotor on the right way around?

covertbaz
    Free Member

Rotor isn’t bent as was working perfectly on my previous forks, not quite sure what you mean by spacer? (Prob me being stupid) the mount I’m using isn’t catching anything and is correct to allow me to fit the larger size rotor.

As far as I know the rotor is fitted right way round, the V2 logo is visible not he outside as opposed to against the spokes and the rotation arrow is pointing in the correct way of movement

legend
    Free Member

Certain combinations of Hope floating rotors and brake mounts don’t go nicely together, so there might not be much you can do unless you’re willing to shave material off the mount (I had to do this with a Shimano caliper when using a Hope floater).

If you can try borrow another front wheel with a different hub you might find the clearance gets better (or worse)

dirtydog
    Free Member

It’s a common problem with Hope floating rotors and Fox 36 forks although I don’t have the issue with mine (V2s and 2009 36 RC2 Float).

Change the rotors or file the mount.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hope-brake-problem

covertbaz
    Free Member

Thanks guys, looks like a new rotor is way forward then, have worst possible combo of 36’s, Hope brakes and King hub

TrevorB

What hub have you got? If it’s a King, it is a known issue, non floating rotor is your answer.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bastard!

orangeboy
    Free Member

Mmmm shiny tool time

I still snigger to myself every time I order a new bastard

Junkyard
    Free Member

i had to do this to the caliper of an avid to clear a hope

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Rotor catching – Help’ is closed to new replies.