Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rothiemurchas OTB pic page 26 in latest STW mag
  • somafunk

Loch Gamhna?, and from the trail I expect the rider to be starting the climb up to “Cake or Death” which obviously stays true to its name as there’s a very decent cake shop at the bottom of the trail, I did that trail yesterday wi Gordy (bothy bikes) in glorious sunshine followed by cake then old bridge inn for beer n’ food (also very decent).

scotroutes

Ha – I saw what I thought was your bike outside the OBI as I was heading out to meet someone on Tuesday night. CoD and the Gamhna bothy track must have been in excellent condition (until the the thunderstorm)

Spin
    Free Member

Is the OBI open again then? There was a rumour circulating that the owners were going to sack it.

scotroutes

It opened a few weeks ago. Food is back to the usual (high) standard, atmosphere hasn’t changed. It’s been very popular during this recent heatwave!

somafunk

We rode it on wednesday after the rain on tuesday (we hid from the rain in various coffee shops and then the pub), pretty much bone dry with only a couple of muddy places, cake or death needs a wee bit of work where the clear felling has trashed the trail but an afternoons work wi a saw and a few folk would get it back to full flight.

Goats cheese and pea mousse for starter, mushroom risotto for main and creme cataluna for pudding, food in the old bridge inn was up to it’s usual high standard as evident by the fact i ate the same on both days 🙂

Back up in 6weeks time for a week’s riding, can’t wait.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rothiemurchas OTB pic page 26 in latest STW mag’ is closed to new replies.