Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Rot in Hell Bridger
  • paulevans
    Free Member

That’s all! Nothing else to add!

ska-49
    Free Member

+1

lucien

The “Mr Bridger” or is the point even more oblique?

Pook

I suspect he’s talking about the murderer of April Jones, not the incarcerated Italian Job crime lord.

woodsa
    Free Member

You reckon he reads singletrack?

lucien

Thanks Pook, was confused for a moment there

binners

I think that this will turn out to be a miscarriage of justice, as his story has seemed perfectly plausible throughout

paulevans
    Free Member

I’m certain he’s going to have time to read Singletrack

chewkw
    Free Member

What would Vlad III do to him as punishment in those days …

paulevans
    Free Member

What would Vlad III do to him as punishment in those days …

Make him read MBR?

freeagent
    Free Member

It intrigues me that these people feel compelled to invent a alternative version of events which is so implausible it borders on comical.
    Surely if you don’t want to fess-up and tell the world what actually happened it would be better to say nothing?
    I appreciate they are hanging onto the slightest hope the judge/jury might fall for it, and they are found not guilty but this chaps version of events was borderline ridiculous.

wwaswas

I do wonder if they end up believing their own version of events.

The alternative of accepting what they really did may be more than they can deal with.

cranberry
    Free Member

The jury at Mold Crown Court took four hours and six minutes to convict him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-22687971

With a defence that transparently poor, did the jury take the world’s longest tea break in the middle of their deliberations ?

mega
    Free Member

I hope the family get adequate justice for the crime he committed.
    🙁

wwaswas

adequate justice

I can’t imagine what that could be.

All they can hope for is that he’s denied the liberty to do it to someone else’s child.

wwaswas

Whole life tariff.

Good.

Junkyard
    Free Member

He has to get life only the minimum sentence has to be set and that is just the minimum. He is never coming out we all know that even his own brief could offer no mitigation

I would give him longer for not offering the family some closure and insulting everyones intelligence and wallet with that trial

wwaswas

the minimum set by the judge is ‘whole life’ – he is never coming out.

spawnofyorkshire

@cranberry

With a defence that transparently poor, did the jury take the world’s longest tea break in the middle of their deliberations ?

when i did jury service we took two hours to decide on a guilty verdict for a theft case. She was bang to rights but we took our time to go over the evidence again to make sure we were all happy.

AdamW
    Free Member

Did they have nice biscuits, you reckon? 🙂

freeagent
    Free Member

The best everyone can hope for is that he dies in jail, and that maybe one day he decides to do the right thing and explain what actually happened.
    Although it would be terrible for the family to have confirmed what we all know happened, it might offer a bit more closure.

I don’t know what I’d do if something like that happened to my daughter (who is the same age as April) I think I’d just want to curl up and die.

binners

They probably all have kids, and partners, and workmates and just wanted a bit of peace. If offered the opportunity to take 4 hours out of the world, with everyone instructed by law to leave you alone, who wouldn’t take that? I’d probably have dragged it out for at least a day

wwaswas

Judge is laying into him (verbally, obviously).

ir_bandito
    Free Member

How weird/sad was it riding past his house on the Dyfi Enduro, and seeing bits of police tape all through the forest?

One evil b’stard. He’s in for a hard time. Shame it will cost more of the taxpayers money to protect him from the other prisoners.

fasthaggis

They probably all have kids, and partners, and workmates and just wanted a bit of peace good cry.

Horrible case ,my heart goes out to them,and the Jones family .

globalti
    Free Member

This kind of thing hurts so much more when you’ve got your own kids because you can’t help imagining what the victim must have suffered.

franksinatra

I admire the composure of the parents and family. They have dignity and pride. I do not think I would have the strength to sit in the same room as him if had done that to one of my kids. Every ounce of my body would want to kill him.

crankboy
    Free Member

To be honest 4 hours to decide a murder case is a very quick verdict .

Whole life is the right sentence too.

cranberry
    Free Member

Horrible case ,my heart goes out to them,and the Jones family

Indeed, it must be horrible to turn up to jury service and get assigned to a case like that.

duckman

Horrific, and I am worried he will never reveal what happened as that way he holds a tiny bit of power.

duckman

Double post

CountZero

I’ve been sort of following this from the beginning, and, I have to say, his was one of the least plausible defences I’ve ever heard. Four minutes would seem excessive time for making a decision. ‘Yes, I ran her over, but I’ve no idea what I did with her after that’ 😯

wrightyson
    Free Member

Clearly should be lethal injection or “the chair” for people like this with such a clear cut case. No point in keeping him alive IMHO..

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

One evil b’stard. He’s in for a hard time. Shame it will cost more of the taxpayers money to protect him from the other prisoners.
    Evil yes, ‘in for a hard time’? Maybe, maybe not. He’ll be on a wing full of similar offenders.
    Huntley’s had some grief though, so Bridger just might too.

footflaps

You only have to look at all the wrongful convictions from the West Midlands serious crime squad days in the 80s to realise that the death penalty is not a good idea. Plenty of innocent people where completely stitched up by the police during that era and no one had a clue (at the time). Wasn’t the first and won’t be the last time it’s happened either.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

When I 1st started at Frankland there was a prisoner who was an ex cop & in for rape, he’d been protesting his innocence for 2 years & it transpired that his ‘victim’ had been ‘raped’ 4 or 5 times previously.
    Turned out (after appeal & further investigation) that he was innocent after all.

wrightyson
    Free Member

So he might be innocent? 🙄
    Those “convictions” back in the day were as rightly stated completely unsafe. However her bone fragments in his fireplace? I’d happily flick the switch.

pacerc200
    Free Member

Hopefully he will be ‘persuaded’ to tell where he left April’s body so the family can have her back.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We don’t kill those found guilty of murder in this country. I’d hazard that thankfully, we never will.

langylad
    Free Member

No matter how bad the crime, state sanctioned murder should never be an option. However I have no problem with solitary for the rest of their natural.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Rot in Hell Bridger’ is closed to new replies.