Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Rossi on a Ducati
  • Hadge
    Free Member

I think we all knew it was going to happen and knowing how Rossi works he's certainly announced this now to take the limelight off his team-mate Jorge Lorrenzo winning the MotoGP crown this year. But how good will it be seeing a yellow 46 on a flame red Ducati – just like the old days with Ago on the MV Agusta 😀

Edric64
    Free Member

Great he can win the title with a third manufacturer

AlexBerry
    Free Member

The Italian dream in every sense!!

br
    Free Member

If he was really brave, he'd have gone to Suzuki.

Mugboo

Is it just me or is the MotoGP lacking in personality? Can't stay interested as i don't care who wins!

Loved BSB but they've all left and WSB doesn't seem to be on terrestrial tv?

Rossi to Ducati, surely was only a matter of time and only right too. Chap needs a new challenge and driving them boring old cars ain't the future…

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Lost interest in bike racing a few years ago when the classes became very similar and the 2 strokes disappeared.

Are his celebrations still as good, does he still manage to find white coats and stethoscopes on his celebration lap?

Edric64
    Free Member

I like moto gp but it needs more bikes on the grid 17 is not enough .A first corner pile up and you are down to half the field

Hairychested
    Free Member

Great news, another bike to win the title then.

Muke
    Free Member

Is he taking JB with him ?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

I always watch the MotoGPs on iplayer in the evening and for the past 3 or 4 Moto Gps I've fallen asleep during it. Too few bikes and too many mini races.

It would be good to see Vale win on a Ducati, but the way Lorenzo is riding just now he's going to be a hard man to beat. Also Stoner on a Honda will be another one to watch.

Am I the only one that cringes at Lorenzo's celebrations? He's trying too hard IMO. Just a few wheelies a wave and ride round with a flag would be sufficient.

amplebrew

I think the Ducati is nearly there as a bike, certainly seems to be the most powerful; just looks to have a few cornering issues with Stoner and Hayden losing the front end.

Hopefully Rossi will get it cornering like the Yamaha and he should be on a championship winning bike.

b r – Member
    If he was really brave, he'd have gone to Suzuki.

It's always amazed me how Suzuki can get it so right in other forms of bike racing, yet get it so wrong with Moto GP 😕

juan
    Free Member

It's always amazed me how Suzuki can get it so right in other forms of bike racing, yet get it so wrong with Moto GP

It's because the guy who designed the motoGP bike is the one responsible for the design of the b-king yeurk

amplebrew

juan – Member

It's always amazed me how Suzuki can get it so right in other forms of bike racing, yet get it so wrong with Moto GP

It's because the guy who designed the motoGP bike is the one responsible for the design of the b-king yeurk

And that silly Gladius is a joke 😯

It all went horribly wrong after the 1000 k6 🙄

br
    Free Member

Focus, as in not – plus cash.

speaker2animals

I have lost interest somewhat this year too. Isn't there talk of some sort of new privateer sub class within MotoGP? 1000cc engines to make them competitive with the factory bikes but at a fraction of the cost. Sort of Superbikes racing in MotoGP. Or something. May up th einterest factor.

Still it still knocks Formula 1 car racing in to a cocked hat.

amplebrew

Although Suzuki had a bit of an embarrassing TT this year as well, especially considering it was 50th anniversary of racing 😳

amplebrew

The new moto 2 is really good and I've found it far for fun to watch then the GP.

I wish they'd go back to 1000's and lose all the electrical gubbins.

I wonder how may of the younger riders (who've been brought up on launch and traction control) would get a bit of a shock?

iDave
    Free Member

I expect Stoner will be distracted by Stoner Junior No.2 and having to get his barn conversion finished.

amplebrew

iDave – Member
    I expect Stoner will be distracted by Stoner Junior No.2 and having to get his barn conversion finished.

Whilst everyone else in the paddock would be distracted by Stoners missus 8)

nickc

Still it still knocks Formula 1 car racing in to a cocked hat.

I could make a convincing argument that that's not true of the last few races. they even managed to make Laguna Seca look a bit dull..

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I wish they'd go back to 1000's and lose all the electrical gubbins.

They ARE going back to the 1000's. Think there was talk of cutting back the electronics but dunno by how much.

Yes.

The Italian dream in every sense!!

From Soup (before Rossi went to Bologna):

A friend of mine who works at Ducati in Bologna and has long lived a very pedestrian life in Italy–rides the bus to work, eats in the company cafeteria and sips espresso in the cafes at night, because that's what they all do–summed it up this way:

"They hate us whether we win or lose. Italians hate our Grand Prix team for two reasons, because when we win, we beat Rossi and they all love Rossi and they hate whoever beats him. And when we don't win, they hate us for not winning. We can't win," he said.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Stoner on Honda will be interesting also… Can't wait!

M1llh0use
    Free Member

namastebuzz:

Yes.

not seen that documented anywhere yet, got any links to pages stating that?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Rossi on a Ducati’ is closed to new replies.