Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Rose Road Bike?
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Looking at a new road bike to replace my aging Ribble.

Pretty much settled on a 2011 Giant TCR 1 for £850, but then saw the Rose Pro-2000. Same price but full 105 groupset, Mavic Aksium wheels and branded finishing kit plus ability to tweak as desired. Obviously don’t get to ride it though. Had the same with the Ribble though and that worked out ok!

Any thoughts? Anyone got a Rose road bike?

jota180
    Free Member

You may also want to check out the Canyon Roadlite 6.0 on a similar pricepoint

I’m busy looking myself at the moment with a slightly higher budget, I liked the Rose bikes but they were quoting long delivery times

DezB
    Free Member

There’s some half-price (ish) Lapierre road bikes on Sportspursuit.
    Worth a look.

This link won’t give me any discount if you buy something – SportPursuit

This link WILL give me a discount if you register and buy something – SportPursuit

Not bothered which you use.

I’m sure Rose are decent quality, but dunno much about them personally.

topangarider
    Free Member

jota180 – how did you get them to quote the delivery times? Did you have to commit first?

Looked at the Canyon – didn’t like the look of the frame.

jota180
    Free Member

The availability is listed under the price

topangarider
    Free Member

Some bikes say “2 bikes available”, some say “article available” – what does that mean?!

DezB
    Free Member

My understanding is that ‘article available’ means they’ve got enough not to bother counting them.

batfink
    Free Member

My Rose took 6 weeks to arrive, in which time my mate ordered a Canyon and took delivery of it within 2 weeks. Not very impressed at first, but….

I spoke to the Rose rep, and he told me that the Rose bikes are actually built-up in Rose HQ in Germany (there is a vid on bikeradar I think), rather than in the far-east like Canyon. the lead time is about booking your slot in the workshop. Hence the ability to mix-and matchparts away from the standard spec and even decide how many headset spacers you want. Having ridden it for a year – I can say that it’s been very-well put together and tuned when compared to my mate’s Canyon.

That said – the canyons are looking like stonking value at the moment, I love my Rose, but I the Canyons are v-temting!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The rose bikes do seem to get good reviews in cycling plus and cycling weekly. I’m tempted to replace my rather battered looking cannondale as they do complete bikes for only a little more than Merlin do groupsets for in some cases!

But I’m sol fat and unfit at the moment it’s hard to justify.

ssnowman
    Free Member

Sorry can’t comment on the road bike, but I bought a Rose MTB last year. Each bike is built individually and mine took 8 weeks to arrive. Cost was £2000 for a full suss with carbon frame and loads of light carbon stuff and it weighs in at only 10.2kg. I don’t think you can beat them for value.

oldgit
    Free Member

I think Rose use low end carbon. My Rose catalog listed the type. IIRC their top end was about the same as low end Giant.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

nearly bought a roadlite 6 last year but the steep shipping (£50) pushed it from top spot in the value stakes at the time (managed to get an Orbea Aqua 105 with wheels swapped for Aksiums for £1K) but the plummeting euro should be helping the Canyon and Rose in the value stakes.

oldgit
    Free Member

Sorry we’re talking aluminium aren’t we. So probably not a lot in it.

topangarider
    Free Member

oldgit – not a lot in it? In what? Did you not read my OP?

There’s clearly a lot of difference between the Giant and Rose Aluminium frames, hence the question!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Rose Road Bike?’ is closed to new replies.