Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Rose Bikes anyone?
  • slowjo
    Free Member

Ordered a pair of XT brakes online yesterday. Payment seemed to go through OK and the transaction appeared to complete without a hitch. The last page said your order has been successful, you will get a confirmation email soon.

Unlike CRC, Wiggle or indeed ay other online retailer I have come across, the confirmation email didn’t arrive within a few seconds. Nothing arrived by this morning so I sent them a little billet doux on their website form asking if they might confirm whether all was well and please could I have some sort of email confirmation. Nothing doing so far so I emailed the chap who is supposed to be the UK contact and have heard nothing from him either.

Now I know my little order is of little consequence in the greater scheme of things and I hope I am just being a little too anxious for my own good but, how is anyone else’s experience with these guys? Should I reasonably expect order confirmation or just sit tight and wait for the brakes to arrive?

portlyone

Ordered a few things off them, never had any problems. IRC the email is something other than ROSE.com, something like Versand??

slowjo
    Free Member

Nothing from Versand either, nor in my spam.

erny
    Free Member

used them a few times and I’ve never had a problem,I’m not sure if I’ve ever they had sent me a conformation email?

slowjo
    Free Member

@erny, thanks, that is slightly reassuring! 🙂

IA

I ordered from them recently, the confirmation took long enough I wondered if the order worked, but it came through in the end..

Parcelforce, who had to deal with the parcel when it hit the uk, on the other hand…. :-@

mart
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry. I’ve used them lots of times without issue.

IA

Just checked, ordered, got confirmation 3 days later when it had shipped.

boxfish
    Free Member

Watch out for the mahoosive Rose catalogue thudding onto your doormat next week…

daftvader
    Free Member

Have you looked on the website? I didnt get an email but after a couple of hours the order showed on my account page.

toys19
    Free Member

they are normally excellent, I remember a delay in the last email, I would not fret.

FuzzyWuzzy

yeah the Rose catalogue must cost them a fortune – quite why they need to have hundreds of pages covering every accessory they sell (rather than just the bikes) I don’t know.

unklehomered
    Free Member

On that subject how do they do with address formatting??

I’ve ordered from german companies before and often they turn the address inside-arse-about-upside cos Germany formats addresses differently, postcode in the middle, house number last, street name broken into fragments and scattered liberally about the place, and as i live in a rural location there’s a very real chance that could mean i don’t get my breaks, especially if it comes through PF… 🙁

rondo101
    Free Member

Confirmation email was a little tardy for me too, but order appeared on my order history. Delivery (from germany) has been faster than orders from some UK bike companies.

Edit – address format is all over the place, but I’ve never had an issue. But I do get mine delivered to work & we have a unique postcode.

IA

There’s a very real chance I don’t get stuff from PF and I live in the city!

They’ve a 100% record over the last year of not actually attempting delivery/leaving a card and leaving me to track parcels down. Parcels have ended up: back at the sender, in the local PO, at their depot. I can only assume the eventual location is determined by throwing a dart at a map….

In the event I wait in for a parcel, I watch the online tracking like a hawk, as soon as it says “attempted delivery” i ahve to call the depot and get them to call the driver to actually try and deliver.

Ragin’

brokensoul
    Free Member

I’ve just been rummaging through my e-mails. I ordered last Tuesday evening, didn’t get confirmation, just an e-mail from “bestellung@rose” on Thursday morning, saying my package had been shipped.
    It arrived yesterday afternoon.

Chill. 😉

Edit: Beaten to it. ^^

Bazz

My credit card wouldn’t work on their site for some reason, had to paypal instead, al worked out in the end though.

darryl1983
    Free Member

I think it took a couple of days for my confirmation email to come through, in the mean time i’d already emailed the customer service email address. The confirmation email came though a couple hours before they answered my email.

Placed a small order at CRC the same day. The bigger order from Rose Cycles turned up a day earlier, think it took them 4 days.

Shackleton

I heard nothing until they shipped my parts (24 hours). Although they still haven’t arrived……..(48 hours 🙂 )

slowjo
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback. I managed to make contact this morning and they told me not to panic, the goods were on the way. The lack of confirmation had nothing to do with the spelling mistake in the email address I gave them….honest! 😳 😳

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Rose Bikes anyone?’ is closed to new replies.