Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Roofingtrackworld…advice/help please
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Woke up this morning to a bit of a mess outside. A large chunk of mortar had fallen from the roof onto the bonnet of the car, leaving a big dent/many scratches (the chunk of mortar was the size of a small childs fist).
    Looking at the roof it looks like the chunk of mortar has come from the ends of the tiles, so looks likeit will need replacing.
    Any ideas regarding what i should expect cost to repair/replace all the mortar.
    (pics of house…http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-25905084.html)

wrightyson
    Free Member

If the rest of the bedding mortar is in good condition I’d leave it alone and just repoint the end in, if its looking a bit sketchy in some areas then maybe rake out along all the ridges and repoint. If however they all need to come off and be rebedded then expect one/two days labour for two men plus most will only now work off a full scaffold. The days of a ladder and crawler seem to be long gone.
    Bear in mind removing may result in some ridges being damaged and thus need replacing.
    I’d also use the premixed epoxy type mortar for rebedding as it’s far better than standard sand and cement.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I was just going to suggest epoxy mortar too. Bonds better ime.

patriot_matt
    Free Member

You are just up the road from me, if you manage to find a good roofer let me know.

bruneep

Patching the cement is a short term fix, for a long term fix I’d fit a dry verge system such as Ubbink

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Roofingtrackworld…advice/help please’ is closed to new replies.