Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Roofing repairs / Glass fibre paint – Advice appreciated
  • alibongo001

I had the roof replaced on my house around 10 years ago and thought that would be it for around 20 years.

Unfortunately there are a couple of leaks forming, so I went for an investigate yesterday.

I have a strange roof with an internal trough to take the water from 2 parallel pitches of roof, it then goes “inside” the 3rd pitch which is perpendicular. This trough is made of wood and the roofer relined it with roofing (shed) felt when he did the roof, the wooden battens need replacing.

I have used some grey glass fibre paint in the past to go over lead valleys etc when they leak and am about to buy some more to give the internal valley a coat and some other bits of flashing / lead valley etc which look likely leaky points (and a flat bit of roof that is definitely leaking) ……………..unless any of you wise men have a better solution!

Any advice greatly appreciated!

globalti
    Free Member

The roofer replaced the lead in the valley with felt?

mikekay
    Free Member

And all that is built on your bike ?

Waderider
    Free Member

Is your house a shed? It sounds like you need the roof done properly. I hope you paid not too much for the temporary repair 10 years ago.

alibongo001

Really helpful there guys!

Surprisingly all that roofing is not atop a bicycle mikekay!
    Waderider -I did have the roof done properly – it was all taken off and underlay added before re-laying.

Globalti- it is a bit confusing there are external valleys on the roof – all lead lined. In addition there is an internal trough to take water from 2 pitches under another perpendicular pitch which has been relined with roofing felt – as it is “inside” I guess it should not weather much – but there are a couple of sites where it is leaking.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Roofing repairs / Glass fibre paint – Advice appreciated’ is closed to new replies.