Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Roof tents.
  • bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Anyone here used one?

I was camping at a friend's mini festival type affair in Hampshire last night and some people near us had one of these http://tinyurl.com/37828o2

Their one was mounted side-on though, rather than at the end of the vehicle. It looked really good and I'd never seen one before, knowing full well that Singletrackworld is camp as you like I wondered whether any of you own one?

Splash-man
    Free Member

Blimey – need to be careful when you get out of bed in the middle of the night.
    Need you wits about you or a nasty fall lol 😯

Never seen them before 🙄

anagallis_arvensis

I saw onw on a berlingo this summer which looked good. I would be concerned about using them in wind though.

donsimon
    Free Member

There are plenty available for 4X4s. It's something I keep thinking about for the car.
    More here.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Saw one in a campsite in Bergen a few years back:

captain_bastard
    Free Member

used in the desert – keeps the snakes out!

tron
    Free Member

Useful for Safari, stop you getting eaten by lions and tigers and that. Can't see the point otherwise.

showerman
    Free Member

have you checked the prices out yet could make you change your mind pretty quickly 😯

IanMmmm
    Free Member

I pretty sure either a lion or a tiger could climb up a stationery vehicle, so I wouldn't use on to protect you from a big cat 😀

RustyNissanPrairie

Our Howling Moon rooftent piccy from our trip to Silverstone for the F1 last year.
    Quick to setup on rocky ground if need be, no tent pegs to hammer into solid parched dry ground/sand, comfy-3" thick mattress that stays in it when folded up along with your bedding, insulated from the ground, but with good ventilation so condensation free, fine in windy contions-two large steel internal hoops and self supporting without the ladder in place.
    Not cheap things though;

anagallis_arvensis
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Roof tents.’ is closed to new replies.