Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Roof rack and blind spot mirror
  • trailmax
    Free Member

Got my first car a week ago, already have a roof rack and slightly paranoid about bikes on the roof: must always remember that the bikes are there and not try to drive through low-level barriers..
    Just thought I could put a blind-spot round mirror (like this one: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/attachments/tundra/47352d1262293797-blind-spot-mirrors-mirror1.jpg ) to look upwards, pointing on the bikes, so I always can keep an eye on the bikes.

Has anybody done this? Can these kind of mirrors be adjusted upwards?

josh1982
    Free Member

what you driving? is it taller than a disco with a roof box?

Northwind

Big sticker on steering wheen that says ZOMG ROOF BIEKS or something.

trailmax
    Free Member

josh1982, that is VW Golf Estate. What is “disco”?

Northwind, I thought about a sticker, but then you must not forget to put it on when you have the bikes on.. and remove when the bikes are off. Also the sticker should be able to peel and stick again many times… Too much hassle)

josh1982
    Free Member

land rover discovery = disco. i have seen these in restricted height car parks.

uplink
    Free Member

You’ll be fine 🙂

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Use some extra ties?

Also don’t do what I have seen: stick a mirror on the dash to gaze through the sun roof and be blinded by sunlight hitting the dash and then your eyes!

nosedive
    Free Member

you cant be watching them all the time, you will crash or something. You get used to it after a while, trust me

andyl
    Free Member

just reach out of your window and check the bike is still there. Put yours on your side and someone elses on the other 😀

trailmax
    Free Member

@uplink, OUCH!

No sun-roof, that is the problem. Otherwise could see them through the roof…

Nothing constructive, as usual -)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Roof rack and blind spot mirror’ is closed to new replies.