Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Roof mounted bike rack.
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

With larger tyres and wheelbases and also big downtubes my old thule racks are struggling to accomodate my newer bikes. What rack are you using?

jemima
    Free Member

Not tried it yet but I’ve just order a new Thule. Specifies good for up to 3″ tyres. No mention of longer wheelbase…

https://roofracks.co.uk/thule-proride-598/

alishand

Thule 591

They seem to be de rigueur for trail / DH bike carriage.

Also, that link is the cheapest I’ve found them so far (new), and the delivery is spot on.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Not in your shoes, but I would have thought a Thule 561 would be a decent option?

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Yeah sandicliffe and the 591. Halfords were great and price matched me for 2x individual ones in store (not as a dual pack) but the difference was only a quid or so. Worked out at £114 quid. I used my BC discount for the roofbars and footpack stuff, so a good deal.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Cheers all, the 598 seems to have replaced the 591 and the couple of mods would be helpful. Being able to take up to 3″ tyres and a accessory to take fat bike tyres is a boon.

Initially thought I’d be looking at a fork mounted job but full bike is prefered.

dovebiker

Have used a 591 with 5″ tyres – simply use a Fasty webbing strap with metal buckle instead of the plastic ratchet ones.

v666ern
    Free Member

Yeah sandicliffe and the 591

+1 at the time is was £64. Fits my XL gnarduro sled/rig/weapon fine

looks awesome on top of a toyota verso #gangsta 😳

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Roof mounted bike rack.’ is closed to new replies.