Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Ronaldo gone
  • schrickvr6
    Free Member

Now it’s official, I can appreciate how good a player he is but as far as human beings go he is a vile disgusting creature….good riddance!

Would you Mancs rather £80m or to have kept him?

Archaic
    Free Member

The world has gone mental.

Jamie
    Free Member
    ditch_jockey

as far as human beings go he is a vile disgusting creature

Nothing like keeping a sense of perspective about people there!

On his game, he’s fantastic to watch, but he does have some character flaws that mar his performances – the diving and whining being perfect examples.

As for ‘vile and disgusting’ – unless he’s been linked to a paedophile ring or something, then no – he’s just a flawed human being.

Pook

yawn.

Coyote
    Free Member

Season before last, he was on fire and an absolute joy to watch. Last season he wasn’t quite on his game, body language wrong etc. Champions League Final was a good case in point. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m a great admirer of the lad, on his day he is among the best. However, if he wants out I’d let him go, especially if we can get crazy money for him.

Must admit his theatrics get on my nerves, a lot, but none of us are perfect. Good luck to him.

Smee
    Free Member

From a business perspective it makes perfect sense for both clubs. Man Utd will be able to make a stronger team with that kind of cash and Real Madrid will be coining it in on shirt sales and all that other nonsense.

Potter
    Free Member

imho its a great deal let him go,the only concern would be who to replace him with

yossarian
    Free Member

they could get 2.5 more berbatovs with 80m

theflatboy
    Free Member

i hate the cheating bastard as much as anyone, coyote, but in the CL final he looked like the only one who was trying to get things happening.

yoshimi

I’d rather have the money! Glad he’s gone (sort of) – hopefully we’ll get big Frank now

Smee
    Free Member

Frank Ribery isn’t a patch on Ronaldo though. Not even close.

Archaic
    Free Member

Bayen have slapped a £65 million price tag on him too!

footstomper
    Free Member

80 Million for one player 😕 that would buy a full Team for most championship sides for Gods sake.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Glad the Villa didnt get him in the end…. 8)

Junkyard
    Free Member

He is a great player and personally I would not sell him as I dont see who we will get in his place. I suspect he is causing some dressing room disharmony though and it is a great offer for him.
    He is petulant to put it midly but also has phenomenal skill

andywhit
    Free Member

LOL @ vile and disgusting!

chakaping
    Free Member

He left about 10 months ago really, didn’t he?

Coyote
    Free Member

theflatboy, agreed for the first 20 minutes. Too many times over the last season I don’t think his heart has been fully there. I’d love to keep him if he was committed to the cause but if he wants away, and the price is right then as said before good luck to him.

bigsi
    Free Member

This is why i stopped watching football. £80m is a vile and disgusting amount of money to pay for a player given that this plus his wages each week come from the revenue grenrated by sponsorship and the fans. 😯

Good to see that the worldwide recession hasn’t affected footballs sense of normality 🙄

andywhit
    Free Member

Will go towards paying off some of the club debts no doubt.

Ed2001
    Free Member

“he’s a vile and disgusting creature” My brother in law did an advert with him a few weeks ago and said what a really nice bloke he was, very unassuming and easy going, didn’t act the big star at all. I often wonder if our perception of these people through the media and the reality as real people are very different.

snowslave

Like bigsi ses! I got bored of footie once it became obvious that what really matters is how big a pile of cash you’ve got as a club. It’s still a great game to play/watch, but as a fan….

yoshimi

watch out for Tevez going to City….to be announced later today….seriuosly

rOcKeTdOg

who is ronaldo?

:mrgreen:

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yay! Sick of My Little Poncy Pony.

Brilliant bit of business for Man U. Brilliant.

Ronaldo is over-rated. The likes of Kaka, Messi and Ade Akinbayi are better, but don’t prance about as much, so don’t get quite the attention.

Thing about Ronaldo, is that he looks good against the likes of Stoke, or Wigan, but on the big stage, such as against top CL teams, or in internationals, he’s often been very dissapointing. Sorry, but he’s not brilliant, in the same way as Pele, Madonna, Cruyff, Best, Zidane, Canestan, Ian Ormondroyd or Mel Sterland were.

At last; we don’t have to see his theatrics in the EPL any more.

£80 million! Could buy a small flat in Mayfair for that!

P20

Could almost buy newcastle united

RudeBoy
    Free Member

watch out for Tevez going to City….to be announced later today….seriuosly

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Trouble with City, is that they aren’t playing in Yerp next season, so many big-name players will be put off from signing for them. I suspect they;ll end up with a bunch of high-profile has-beens, yer Berbatov types who fail to settle at other bigger clubs, and second-choicers like Gareth Barry. Barry is not in the same class as Gerrard or Lampard, so if they’re planning to build a team around him, then they won’t be winning much for a while.

Yer Tevez’s and yer Eto’O’O’O’O’O’s will be looking for bigger clubs to sign them up; clubs where they can play Champions League, and prove their worthiness to play for their countries in the World Cup. I suspect Robhino may not stick around, if he gets an offer to play elsewhere on a bigger stage.

Garry_Lager

Fergie should now lay down a 40 million bid to the RS for Gerrard, just to take the piss. The RS would be forced to take it, given their current finances, and big Stevie finally gets to win the league as his career starts to slow down. Only fitting for the best midfielder of his generation to get this sort of recognition.

chewkw
    Free Member

It’s business as usual.

Buy low sell high.

😆

Haze

They could’ve got Nigel Quashie for far cheaper.

Bimbler
    Free Member

From a business perspective it makes perfect sense for both clubs. Man Utd will be able to make a stronger team

A year and a bit of interest on the debt for the Glazers, more like. Lovely bit of business from the Mancs, cost £12, got 3 PL’s and a CL and flog for £80m. Incredible.

IHN

they could get 2.5 more berbatovs with 80m

Oh, goody. Unfortunately 2.5 * zero workrate still equals zero workrate.

Happy to lose Ronaldo for 80m, would be happy to lose Berbatov for £25 and use the money to pay for Tevez.

Pickers

I’d be interested to see what would happen if the proposed budget cap on F1 teams were applied to prem teams…..

trailmonkey

Incredibly bad for Utd. Even when he wasn’t interested, he was still the difference between Utd winning the Prem and finishing second. Tempted to lump on Chelsea or Liverpool (shudders) for the Prem next season.

Personally, I just love the fact that for the second time in a month, Utd fans have been made to realise that regardless of how many shirts they sell in Taunton and Singapore, they’ll never be as big on or off the field as the true giants of world football, Barcelona and Madrid

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

They should have let Ronaldo go with Berbatov as his manservant – Berbatov idle waste of bloody time…

Harry_the_Spider

Rooney will miss him too.

bigsi
    Free Member

Pickers – Member
    I’d be interested to see what would happen if the proposed budget cap on F1 teams were applied to prem teams…..

The forecourts of sports car dealerships accross the country would be filled with alot of ‘one careful owner, low milage’ ferarri’s etc.

Oh and you wouldn’t have to wait 2 months for a tradesman the come round and give you a quote to fix the dripping tap/straighten the shelf or do any other work that your DIY skills wouldn’t stretch to (No offense to any trades people on here 😉 )

dooosuk
    Free Member

If I’d slept my way through Manchester, I’d quite like a fresh city. Madrid seems a good choice with Italy towards the end of his career I reckon. 8)

billybob
    Free Member

£80 million?

If they chucked in an extra £20 million they could’ve bought Newcastle Utd!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Ronaldo gone’ is closed to new replies.