Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Ron Hill stops
  • aracer
    Free Member

I see it got a mention in another thread, but this really deserves one of its own

http://northernrunningguide.com/news/rons-run-streak-comes-to-an-end

Legend – I suppose it had to end someday

DezB
    Free Member

At least we know he’ll get going again 🙂
    Well, fingers crossed!

avdave2

I’ll put my money on my tracksters lasting more than 52 years

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Legend!

Spent some time searching British marathon records and fastest times today after reading this news… there’re few British people faster.

mattsccm
    Free Member

“I’ll put my money on my tracksters lasting more than 52 years “
    Not if you try to light farts through them. Boy do they burn!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve still got a pair of tracksters from 89′ in a draw upstairs, the blue and red pipped ones.

They were amazing back then.

jimmy

I had the blue and red uns, too. Fantastic. Bought a pair of ‘bikesters’ 2 years ago. Can’t bring myself to wear em.

finbar
    Free Member

Still wear Tracksters for my commute or a run most days 😳

stever
    Free Member

Ron finally listens to calls from Mrs Hill to “put some clothes on!”

I was at a fell race a few years ago, old bloke says to other old bloke: “still running every day?”. Clunk. The penny dropped. Nice little chat 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

And all my trail running kit is from RH too… odd how you just know when some brands kit works so well, that you come back to it.

petrieboy

My “Sunday best” tracksters are at least 15 years old. Think I’ll wear them to work tomorrow as a fitting tribute to an amazing achievement!

surfer
    Free Member

Here is Ron just pipping Dr Mike Turner from Liverpool Harriers in the 1966 National XC. Mike Turner sadly died only a few days ago.

mattsccm
    Free Member

As on Outdoor Ed student at Bangor in the 80’s I, like everyone else wore the climbers uniform. Ron Hills, worn to lace and a striped jumper. Big leather boots or EB’s.

matt_outandabout

As an Outdoor Ed student at IM Marsh in the 90s I, like everyone else, wore blue ones, alternating with Troll Omni’s with KSB’s.

😉

ampthill

Thanks for that.

Sad in some ways still a great tale

northerntom
    Free Member

A few years ago whilst living in Manchester I did a few 5k events that he sponsored and ran in.

The bloke just wouldn’t stop running – from when we got there, to well over an hour after it finished, he just ran around everywhere. Just seemed to love running.

mt
    Free Member

Ron hill a hero?

DezB
    Free Member

Something you need to share, mt?

unovolo
    Free Member

He is a mate of my dads, well I say a friend I think my dad stalks him!

Pretty hardcore if you ask me I couldn’t manage to run 2days on the trot never mind over 52yrs.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Ron Hill stops’ is closed to new replies.