Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Romic shock servicing?
  • Mikey
    Free Member

Does anyone know where to get a romic shock serviced?
    Stendec stopped doing them some time ago I believe.
    Are there any online manuals for a service?
    Ive seen the set up manual.
    Cheers
    Mikey

MartynS

no… I’ve looked, a lot.. if you do find anywhere let me know.

Romic went bust, or at least the Mtb side of things did so spares are hard/impossible to come by

When the one on my 5spot goes I need to have a think about what to get..

Mikey
    Free Member

Hi Martyn
    I thought so.
    Just had a bit of a search but to no avail.
    If I find anything Ill give you a shout
    M

rc200f8
    Free Member

I had the same problem, found a little bit of info on mtbr suspension forum. Ended up taking it apart myself and did an oil change but reassembly is a bit hit and miss as I didn’t know the correct height to set the internal floating piston, bleeding it was a pain and it is extreemly difficult to repressurise it as there is no threaded connector or valve in the pressurisation port. I don’t know how they were pressurised at the factory, must have been done in some sort of pressure chamber. As there no valve in the port I stuck a small piece of packing tape over the hole on the inside of the port before refitting the base of the shock to the main body, I then managed to get about 140psi into mine using a shock pump with a football adaptor on it, insulating tape wrapped around the outlet of the adaptor, wedge & hold it firmly in the pressurisation port & pump like mad, ended up with lots of swearing & very sore hands. The ‘tape’ valve was a bit hit & miss, took a long time before I managed to make it work. I didn’t replace any seals, but the shock has continued to work brilliantly for about 8 months since I serviced it, not looking forward to doing it again though!

djglover
    Free Member

do hotlines not do it, or TF

Used to love romics

jimithenomad
    Free Member

i had one on my ellsworth and it was done by hotlines through my l.b.s. so djglover is bang on. Pretty sure tf can do them too, failing that maybe try freeborn as they used to swear by them on some of the frames they import here.

granny_ring

Wasn’t there someone on here that had the kit to do it?

I’ll have a look back in a mo

granny_ring

Yep found it. Try fivespot on here he might be able to help?

toys19
    Free Member

tf can do it, but you need to get the parts. Romic havent gone bust and they do supply spares: contact here.

Mikey
    Free Member

Thanks for the help guys.
    Mikey

Mikey
    Free Member

Just spoke to Debbie at Romic and they still service the shocks.
    The service is cheap at $34 but the postage back is $56!
    I asked about getting the service kits but she said I would have to speak to the owner of Romic.
    I hope this helps.

granny_ring

Mikey, can you post back on here with total costs (2 x post and would import duty come into it…?) if you send it off to them, Cheers.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Romic shock servicing?’ is closed to new replies.