Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Roller garage door recommendations please
  • eruptron
    Free Member

Evening all. Had a chap round tonight to give us a quote for a new garage door. We’re looking at a roller type.
    Slightly surprised at the quote as it was more expensive than a relative’s who used the same company and had to have some extra work.
    The company giving the quote was Crocodile. The quality of the product is undoubted. Anyone had any experience with them or other companies of similar quality.

Thanks in advance

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve just had a sectional garage door fitted by Garage Door Systems in Grantham, who also do roller doors. Again, top quality products so probably on the high side regarding quotes, but quality costs. Might be worth to try to compare with the quote you already have.

AlanMc100
    Free Member

Hi, no experience at all of Crocodile, but after 40+ years in the contracting industry, I would suggest this :-
    Just give them a polite call and say that you have had a quote for the work you want done, but you are a little surprised at the price, as you’re relative had a similar job done for less.
    Then ………… ask if they are currently offering any deals for new/recommend customers, etc. and this gives them the opportunity to say “ah, we hadn’t applied the “xyz” discount that we are operating at the moment” and you will probably find that the price falls to the kind of level that you were expecting.
    It’s amazing what a bit of gentle “persuasion” will do to massage a quoted price down.
    (FWIW, I NEVER pay the first price I am quoted for sub-contract work !!)
    Cheers,Alan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Roller garage door recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.