Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 170 total)
  • Roll up! It's Elfin's Monday Anger Management Group Therapy Session!
  • hilldodger
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    I think it’s fascinating, the way we all interact, but a bit sad that a lot of interaction between (mostly) strangers can become so negative.

But it’s not interaction is it, it’s reaction.
    That’s where the agro starts, people expecting lag-time forum postings to be like a proper real time conversation with body language and voice inflections etc…..

…….as for the psycho babble personality ‘analyses’ well that’s really rather pathetic – ‘judging’ a person by their forum postings is one of the more insidious versions of pettiness and prejudice.

For a real taste of what a forum can give (IMO) I’d like to refer to Sharki’s ‘little hill’ post the other night – real life experiences and reactions to the wonderful world we live in, not the self indulgent tip-tip-tappings of some frustrated keyboard jockey 😉

yunki
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

blah blah blah blah blah

🙂 😀 bell-end 😀 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

funki I thought further on this on the bog this morning (despite Fred’s deepest desires, I am not at all blocked up).

You said you got angry reading my post…a 1-liner from a stranger on the internet who has a reputation for being a wind-up merchant really affected you emotionally?

trailmonkey

i quite liked onion’s contribution to the thread.

for me he was merely stating that there are sometimes people here that unilaterally decide that a thread has run it’s course and then spoil it or try to stop it with random thread drifts (usually images).

didn’t sense any anger in his postings, just a little irony and humour in pointing out the self appointed loftiness of others.

as you were.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m a very emotional person at the best of times Alan.. I cry at a haunting melody or a crashing crescendo or even the tearjerker scene in Hollyoaks occasionally..

cynic-al
    Free Member

Maybe I could help with some tough love trunki?

TM – agreed…Fred’s been thoroughly pwned on his own thread.

Junkyard
    Free Member

‘judging’ a person by their forum postings is one of the more insidious versions of pettiness and prejudice

so people can just post on here but we cannot judge them for what they say? seems a bit odd – they can be racist , abusive or a flowery liberal do gooder but we should not assume this means anything or judge it. Are we meant to assume the posts are all random and no reflection of what the person is like/thinks?

Maxray was spot on some take it more seriously than others some view it as a release- to be rude, troll, joke , bait whatever. Sometimes the two clash. Some epole like a reac

TM – agreed…Fred’s been thoroughly pwned on his own thread

he did not even say that poor troll or just part of your pecking order game?

yunki
    Free Member

It doesn’t help that I’ve I watched with some queasiness the disturbing Alan versus Jeremy situation unfolding over the last year or so.. and that I’ve gradually come to associate your user name with genital herpes and indigestion..

I’m a born again ex-wind-up (real world) merchant myself.. I get it.. it’s fun.. but the cowardice displayed by chucklingly doing it from the safety of the internet has me reaching for the sharpened knitting needles in despair.. I don’t think you have any tough love to give kiddo..
    😛

hilldodger
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    so people can just post on here but we cannot judge them for what they say? seems a bit odd – they can be racist , abusive or a flowery liberal do gooder but we should not assume this means anything or judge it. Are we meant to assume the posts are all random and no reflection of what the person is like/thinks?

People may do as they wish: make judgements, take it seriously, have a laugh, throw their toys out of the pram, treat it as recreational wind-ups, indulge in psychobabble, cry to the mods etc etc, not an issue for me it’s only t’internet innit………

…suns out, trails are dry’n’dusty I’m taking a half day and getting a ride in, enjoy your keyboards………

Junkyard
    Free Member

Fair point
    jammy bastid but I have a night ride tonight

yunki
    Free Member

yerp.. I’m orf out too..

cynic-al
    Free Member

IMO you guys take this all too seriously and it’s no surprise that you get upset.

Junkyard I was alluding to TM’s comment’s re druidh’s posts – basically druidh was acting like Fred does when he wants to spoil a thread, on a thread of Fred’s. To me that was ironic, funny and a bit of a pwning.

I don’t have a pecking order game, I just like taking the piss and having a laugh. I agree racism etc should be tackled (and not none of it matters that much to me, it’s just something to do while bored at work…if someone takes the piss out of you, is there a need for a hissy fit?

Beer, theprawn etc would be turning in their graves at what this place has become.

I get it.. it’s fun.. but the cowardice displayed by chucklingly doing it from the safety of the internet

Each to their own I guess…some folk can’t even handle in on the internet.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Excellent thread, Fred. Very interesting. Well done for digging. Just pondering on the more “aggressive” responses/reactions – introspection can be scary.

Take me for instance.

I’m reading “Catcher In The Rye”, finally. There’s bits of Holden Caulfield’s behaviour that I recognise.

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear… 😡

DezB
    Free Member

Hello, is there a space on the couch?

j_me
    Free Member

….funny and a bit of a pwning.

I don’t have a pecking order game,

I’m struggling with the contradictory nature of that statement there.

yunki
    Free Member

Each to their own I guess…some folk can’t even handle in on the internet.

horses for courses alan..

If folk are getting upset by your piss taking.. didn’t you ever learn to back off and find someone who gets the joke to play with instead..?

My other half imagines that you just gloatingly kept at ’em til they cried and went home.. or else lamped you.. at which point you hid behind a teacher or a big mate or your mum..

Come on son.. you’re 39.. you’ve got a good job.. you don’t need to self affirm by making folk miserable any more.. do you..?

cynic-al
    Free Member

J me – How so?

yunki – wrong age – you need to up the cyber-stalking! You really get your Mrs over to discuss what’s going on on stw? That I do not understand.

It’s not about self affirmation, it’s just a laugh. Plenty of people get that. I’ve been wound up by folk in the past myself, part of the learning process. Did any of you see Beer etc at back in the day?

Like I say, IMO some of you take this waaaaaaaaay too seriously.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you guys take this all too seriously and it’s no surprise that you get upset

not least when you deliberately go out to upset people 🙄
    I dont take it seriously except when I am here. I dont talk to folk about what happened on stw , get wound up [ except on here ] etc. Whilst hear I wll treat it like a microcosim
    Glad you have your own line re racism you just need to redraw some others ones now 😉

Junkyard I was alluding to TM’s comment’s re druidh’s posts

Makes more sense and yes you have a point

DezB
    Free Member

Anyway, I’m annoyed. I didn’t think the forum could annoy me, but I’m annoyed.
    The mangled sheep thread has revealed some posters to be the type of people that THINK they KNOW something, when they clearly don’t.
    “Your dog” this “your dog” that.
    If I could type F- OFF you CLUELESS Cs in massive capital letters I would.
    So should I respond in an annoyed way, or just continue to take the piss?
    I mean why did Redthunder start that thread anyway? What was he trying to achieve? We know he’s a good photographer, so now we know he can take good photos of the mangled half face of a dead or dying sheep?
    I doubt that was his purpose.

j_me
    Free Member

grrrrr….now I’ve got to go read the sheep thread !!!

DezB
    Free Member

Careful j-me. It’s ANNOYING and got a grotty photo on it.

Woody
    Free Member

If I could type F- OFF you CLUELESS Cs in massive capital letters I would.

+1

My thought after reading the OP’s post (in singular). Glad I didn’t waste time on the whole thread 8)

yunki
    Free Member

You really get your Mrs over to discuss what’s going on on stw? That I do not understand.

aye.. to be fair.. that’s when I know it’s time to step away from the keyboard.. when the mrs asks why I’m looking perplexed.. we’re close like that 😳

and on that note I must get out before the daylight starts fading..

j_me
    Free Member

I saw the photo last night, and thought better of following the thread tbh.

DezB
    Free Member

Glad I didn’t waste time on the whole thread

Yeah, that’s the problem when work is boring!

DezB
    Free Member

double thingy glitch

Woody
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s the problem when work is boring!

Luckily I was at work (not boring and no web access) and was able to skip through it when I got home at midnight 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

seems a reasonable thread TBH with the usual dogs do no harm and watch your dog points of view. Dog owners get all sensitive when someone says sometimes some dogs do some nasty stuff.

For example we can mock Christians but if we suggest your pets dont go to pet heaven then it is a banning for SFB.

Woody
    Free Member

For example we can mock Christians but if we suggest your pets dont go to pet heaven then it is a banning for SFB.

Entirely different context Junkyard. IIRC SFB was making extremely insensitive remarks on a very personal issue. IMO he displayed none of the decency or compassion you would expect from a normal human being to another who was upset and distressed. He was being the smartarsed, dysfunctional tosser he often was/is on here.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

There’s an odd dissonance about this forum, where people who seem normally happy to snarl and bitch at each other suddenly flock en masse, to reassure someone who is in real distress – eg: C_G and her recent loss.

Is that what it takes, then?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

OK Ok

I couldn’t not comment having read this – my flaw that I always want to make my case as is taking it all too seriously. I am fully aware that I spend too much time on here and get too involved in stuff hence why I will only ever be an occasional visitor in the future.

There is a clear split between those who believe that you should behave on a forum as you do in real life and those who claim its just the internet and doesn’t matter.

Cynic-al I cannot believe you still think your behaviour is acceptable. You used to be a real world friend of mine, you have been in my house and I have been in yours. No more. A friend does not behave as you have done. You have destroyed a real world friendship.

I am sure you do not realise how offensive you have been. I hoped that the comments from others on this thread would show you but clearly not. I have defended you to people in the real world in the past when asked “why does Cynic al attack you all the time” By saying you are a good guy in real life – but now I actually doubt this.

You have spent a long time deliberately winding me up, being deliberately offensive. I have asked you to back off on many occasions. Not only have you refused to do so but you deny you have done anything wrong and you say that its all my fault for taking things seriously. If a friend is annoying me and I ask them not to I expect tham to have enough respect for me to do so.

Can you not see many folk find your behaviour unacceptable? Not that its just not funny in any way but that it is malicious and spiteful.

You really need to go and have a long think about the way you behave and why. Its clear it is about dominance games – you have to get one over on people especially me. You have said a fair bit about being unhappy at work and in your personal life- is this your way of dealing with it?

I really think that you are fooling yourself here.

Its clear that you are concerned about the way you hare perceived but instead of considering that you might be at fault and apologising or changing your behaviour you instead are desperately attempting to justify yourself to yourself and to others

Be a real man and accept you have made a mistake.

Just go away and have a damn good think about the way you have behaved and listen to folk.

j_me
    Free Member

No — who hijacked his log on? 🙂

WB

Kunstler

Elfinsafety – Member

Ok i think some of you misunderstand; I mean what is it about the behaviour of others online, that winds you up? IE, on this forum and others. Stuff like that.

I have to say, you! Mainly when you post pictures in a thread where its all getting a bit heated, specifically the pictures you post that have no relevance to the fight discussion going on. Please stop it, it just makes you look a bit silly.

No, see I really like this. It’s elf channelling the spirit of Dada.

Woody
    Free Member

Oh gawd he couldn’t resist it. Yet more self-absorbed toss. 8)

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

hail the return of the King – said not in jest welcome back

Well said as well

Torminalis
    Free Member

I will only ever be an occasional visitor in the future.

My arse 😉

DezB
    Free Member

GODDAMMIT! I paid my £30 for an hour on the couch and look what happens!?

I can’t believe you’d LEAVE THE FORUM, but keep READING THE FORUM!

Anyway, I solved my own problem seeing as Elfin’s couch was rubbish. The dog v sheep thread has gone all silly (except for a couple of “You’re wrong” arguments) and I claim the credit for that.
    Thank you.

(Flounce)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JqzxY3NUNE[/video]

Cynic-al I cannot believe you still think your behaviour is acceptable. You used to be a real world friend of mine, you have been in my house and I have been in yours. No more. A friend does not behave as you have done. You have destroyed a real world friendship.

I agree with cynic-al. No, hang on. I agree with TJ. No, hang on, er…

DezB
    Free Member

Seriously, when I see their name at the top of a post I see:

and move to the next

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘Roll up! It's Elfin's Monday Anger Management Group Therapy Session!’ is closed to new replies.