Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Roll Call MiniORC – this weekend – Gloucestershire
  • jeremydcooper
    Free Member

Just wondering if any other Single trackers are planning to do the MiniOrc this weekend, I was lucky enough to ride the course yesterday and its fantastic! The event is being held in private woodland, previously unridden and Mean and Dirty events have put loads of effort into making some of the best single track, flowing berms and off camber descents I have ridden in years. Also looks to be plenty of overtaking spots as well (always my bug bear. Not me overtaking, more like others overtaking me) Looks set to be a cracker! The second half of the lap was mint with real flowing downhills and gentle climbs. Choice of 2 or 4 laps. Anyone else thinking of coming?

MiniORC Information

Entries

v666ern
    Free Member

i rode through from the cricket pitch up the the ash the other week and stumbled over a new trail that crossed the bridleway just below the first pond, im assuming that was part of it?
    Looks fun, but im signed up for the madorc and only allowed 1 🙁

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

When is the Madorc? couldn’t see that on the website
    Only live in stroud so think it would be rude not to go, just waiting on authorisation from on high

jeremydcooper
    Free Member

V666ern Try and get a pass for this Sunday the route is fantastic also try and not ride in the private nature reserve as it may stop them hold events there.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Jeremy you’re selling it well, working on the boss too!

jeremydcooper
    Free Member

dickyhepburn – MiniORC is this Sunday and is a lap type event with 2 option 25k or 50km

MadORC is on the 13th September and has a 50km or a 100km both events are starting in the same location Ebworth

Here is a link to the MadORC MadORC Entries

jeremydcooper
    Free Member

Last night I was allowed to ride it with the organisers. I was amazed how much single track there was. There is limited number of on the day entries so if you get a last minute pass come along.

russyh
    Free Member

I am planning to be there Jeremey, local to me so looking forward to it. Think I am doing the shorter route as my fitness levels are not great at the moment.

Looks like a blast cant wait

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Thanks Jeremy

Couldn’t see the MadORC date, bugger the boss will definitely be coming on Sunday for the Mini!

v666ern
    Free Member

V666ern Try and get a pass for this Sunday the route is fantastic also try and not ride in the private nature reserve as it may stop them hold events there.

ill be on the family track at the FOD with a 3 year old 😀

Oh i’m not daft enough to ruin everyones fun, i was recreating the bridleway route from the last Madorc, past lily’s house/cricket pitch/fostons/hazel hanger all BW 8)

Have fun all!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Wasn’t aware of this previously, so this has been a nice heads-up 🙂

Entries closed EO June apparently, but looks like you can still go through the online process – any ideas if I should or cross my fingers for an on the day entry?

russyh
    Free Member

i haven’t entered yet, just planning on getting there early enough so i can enter on the day. Wife is causing me grief as we have a family do on! Her seeing the money come out of the bank would inflame the situation i would think!

v666ern
    Free Member

anyone coming from swindon end, just bear in mind its fairford this weekend so the A419/417 (?) will be busy

hishairyness
    Free Member

quick headsup, online entries close tonight at midnight, you can enter on Saturday at the venue as theres a the oportunity to get a practice lap in. entry on the day is very restricted and £10 more I’m afraid guys. MiniORC

benji
    Free Member

I’m there bouncing around on my fat bike, traveling down tomorrow morning, practice lap then night in a tent.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Bum!

This page (the one I’d been going off) says entries closed 29th June and entries are available on the day: https://madevents.wordpress.com/miniorc-2015/

But the one I’ve just seen says entries closed last night (I would have entered by then) and none on the day: https://madevents.wordpress.com/

What to do…

russyh
    Free Member

You can enter tomorrow but there is a late entry fee I believe. Hence why I pre entered and felt the wrath of my wife!

RobHilton
    Free Member

You can enter tomorrow but there is a late entry fee I believe.

The source of this information?

https://madevents.wordpress.com says:

You will be able to enter on Saturday between 12 and 4pm when practice is open but entry will be £35 for the 25k and £40 for the 50k. Cash Only!

No Entry on Sunday! You have been warned!

jeremydcooper
    Free Member

Hi Rob

I have sent you an email.

Cheers

benji
    Free Member

What an epic course, bit tricky in places, a great skills tester and lung wrecker, loved it. Finished second fat bike so very pleased with that. How did everyone else get on?

russyh
    Free Member

I retired after 1 lap, really enjoyed my self the course was great, but had completely miss judged my tyre pressures and before I actually got round the drop them, I had an otb moment on one of the off camber descents. Tweaked my already fragile back which meant the climbs were teeth grinders. This coupled with feeling really rough I Decided to call it a day which was/is a real shame, but better to live another day. Couple of people looked in a bad way with paramedics. Hope everyone is ok.

Great event, great course, real gem! Will be back next year and for the madorc again in September….probably on a fat bike by then.

jeremydcooper
    Free Member

Very hard day managed all 4 laps and came 4th Fat bike!!!

I perhaps should have entered the 25km.

But great day and thanks to all the organiser and marshals.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Good day and a great course – quite tough but with some lovely flowy and challenging sections.

Did the 25km loop and came 14th (3rd in my age group), much better than expected as I said before we started that I’d be happy coming somewhere in 50-75% of the field. Actually turned out I was 24% so really surprised myself.

There looked to be a few incidents – apparently one guy did his finger and saw another who was mentioning needing an ambulance to a marshall.

I think that reflected the nature of the course though as there were some tricky sections.

russyh
    Free Member

It was a great course want it. As with all events of this type the initial traffic made some of the downhill sections more tricky as you needed to carry speed to make them comfortable. Wish i had come up on the saturday and ridden a loop first! But then i probably would of still fallen off and buggered my back. ha. Looking forward to doing it again!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Roll Call MiniORC – this weekend – Gloucestershire’ is closed to new replies.