Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Roll Call for the Merida @ Llanwrtyd Wells on Sunday.(anyone need a lift)
  • postierich
    Free Member

Looks as though its going to be a good one,will be leaving from Lichfield Sat afternoon 3pm ish going through Kidderminster way, if anyone needs a freebie lift.
    Opted for the 76km route is there a amber nectar tent?

Rich

runswithscissors

Heading there from peterborough via nottingham!!!! just fitted summer tyres so it’s bound to be a mudfest!

DWH
    Free Member

I’ll be there, though the Met Office forecast for Wales is for rain on Saturday and Sunday 🙁

vdubber67
    Free Member

I’m doing the Sportive on Sat too…

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

We’ll be there.

xc-steve
    Free Member

I’m down to do it! Better finish the 100k this time after last weekends DNF at the English marathon champ thingys… :@ still annoyed at myself!

xc-steve
    Free Member

Looks good to me Met Check

postierich
    Free Member

Steve there is no 100k the longest is 76k
    http://www.mtb-marathon.co.uk/home/news1.php#200912

cheshirecat
    Free Member

I’ll be doing the road event on Saturday – need to be elsewhere on Sunday. First road sportive – I suspect I’m going to die.

Any tips on how to carry energy drink appreciated. Two big bottles OK or small camelback?

Paul

xc-steve
    Free Member

Ah boo! looks like its still classed as an official Marathon though… well had better be!

If anyone feels like talking about what tires to be using or moaning about Thatcher I’ll be riding a blue Chameleon and probably a Black/White long sleavd Yogi top or a short sleeved black raceface top…. depending on weather.

xc-steve
    Free Member

69k Middle Marathon and a whole 7k more for Full Marathon… not convinced!

ononeorange

Coming up from Hertfordshire with a couple of mates – doing the longest one on my elderly but lovely Orange 5 and really looking forward.

fbk
    Free Member

I’m hoping to do it as an on-the-line entry.

It’s not far from me and should be a good all weather course round there. Interesting route profile though!!

austen

I’ll be there on an overweight coil sprung heckler, introducing a friend from NZ to the delights of riding in Wales too. Will be doing to full course whatever distance it ends up, at the sign-in at Builth the course had grown by around 10km compared to that advertised – you may still get your 100!

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

We’ll be damper van with a couple of dales, white Rush and white Rize. Come and say hiya

runswithscissors

I will be on this

but now with blingtastic DT swiss forks. say hi but if it’s on an uphill section just expect a grunt in reply!

postierich
    Free Member

In a dampervan :wink:(bay window blue n cream) and on my tod so company very welcome,will have a ice box full of lager and will share!

Riding geared Airborne with Mav 32’s up front

FuzzyWuzzy

Should be there, will probably only do the 50 if it’s anything like as wet as the Crickhowell one :p

vdubber67
    Free Member

Cheshire Cat – I’m not speaking from experience, but I suspect wearing a camelbak on the sportive may ‘raise a few eyebrows’ if there’s any millitant roadies there. You may, of course, choose to ingore such nonsense. 🙂

vdubber67
    Free Member

oh, and re the distance thing – the sportive website said the distance was 150 miles, but it actually appears to be about 90!

xc-steve
    Free Member

Any news on local trail conditions?!

FuzzyWuzzy

Anyone actually ridden the course? Wondering if on the off chance it’s actually sunny can I get away with shades or if there’s a lot of woody sections so I’ll need to use clears?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Roll Call for the Merida @ Llanwrtyd Wells on Sunday.(anyone need a lift)’ is closed to new replies.