Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rohloff service oil
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Long shot (but Im calling in the karma), does anyone have big bottles of the ‘hoff cleaning oil and speedhub oil and want to sell me 2x 25ml if I post two bottles in an SAE to you?

£17 for a kit seems a bit excessive. There used to be a guy on eBay I think (or maybe STW classifieds, ’twas a while a go) who sent out the small bottles before they were available which is where mine come from.
    cheers.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’ve got the wee bottles if you want just those – also got the big workshop bottles if you want to send me your old bottles 😉

letmetalktomark

I’m after some too but thought the service kit was okay ££ wise.

It is cleaner and fresh oil for the £17 isn’t it.

Am I missing something obvious.

BTW I need some too!

bencooper
    Free Member

Service kit is cleaner, oil, syringe, hose and grubscrew for £17. Or the bottles are £5 each.

Stoner
    Free Member

ben – yer a legend.
    Cheers.

If I drop the bottles in the post to Castle Kinetic with something like £6 and an SAE in for 2x25ml , would that be OK?

riddoch

If you think the Rolhoff kit is expensive have a look at the shimano equivalent. An rrp of £45 for the syringe in a plastic tub, no oil.

bencooper
    Free Member

If I drop the bottles in the post to Castle Kinetic with something like £6 and an SAE in for 2x25ml , would that be OK?

Aye, that’ll cover it 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

Magic, cheers.

bencooper
    Free Member

Arrived today – your old bottles had leaked everywhere so I’ve just bunged you some new bottles 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

wuh?!! 🙂

Then I owe you some more beer tokens! How many more pieces of silver?

bencooper
    Free Member

Nah, don’t worry about it. Hopefully the RM won’t reject a slightly oil-stained jiffy bag 😉

avdave2

There are 250ml bottles available now which I bought, a lot cheaper than individual changes without the outlay of the 1 litre bottles that would probably outlive me if not my hub. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

thanks ben.

I should probably not be such a cheapskate and actually buy some bigger bottles. At a sprightly thirtysomethingnearlyforty Im sure I could use it all eventually…

Stoner
    Free Member

cheers ben. I ahem, see what you mean! oooopss 😉

thanks v much. On with the service!

bencooper
    Free Member

Great, glad it got to you 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rohloff service oil’ is closed to new replies.