Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • rohloff problem
  • swiss01
    Free Member

here’s one for the rohloff users..

a while back i converted (or at least my lbs did) one of my scales to a rohloff. ever since it’s had a lovely and rather unhelpful habit of shedding the chain. fiddled about with the tensioner, got a wider bottom bracket – no joy.

up round loch tay today, nothing remotely technical and the chain was off an uninspiring five times. are some bikes incompatible with rohloffs. as it is i feel like i’ve got a very un-necessary commuter.

opinions please

trail_rat
    Free Member

Sounds like chainline and chain length need to be considered – doesnt sound like a rohloff fault to me

What size is your rear sprocket – i wouldnt go less than a 16 tooth if running a tensioner !

Stoner
    Free Member

Just your chainline is wrong.

Dont forget that the rohloff has a 54mm chainline, which is effectively the outer ring position on an mtb chainset.

epicyclo

Flexy stays?

Helps with feel and no problem with derailleurs, but can sometimes flex too much for a single chainline.

Also is it a singlespeed front ring, or are you still using a derailleur front ring (designed to shed chains)?

Otherwise as above.

swiss01
    Free Member

i think the chainline is okay but the front ring…? i must go and check that. cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘rohloff problem’ is closed to new replies.