Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rockshox warranty service, bought online
  • dan09
    Free Member

Hi chaps

Rockshox forks on my hardtail clunking, realised reading another post that I can probably get them repaired under warranty… only I bought them online from one of those German mega-marts as they were considerably cheaper there. Took them to LBS who sold me the bike for fitting…
    My question – is it very cheeky to ask LBS to sort out warranty repair in this instance, or should I send them back to SRAM myself? and if the latter does anyone have experience of this, like who do I contact, where to send etc.

Many thanks,
    Dan

wiggles
    Free Member

The you can’t send to sram direct. You either send them back to whoever you bought them from, or take them to a local shop to send off in which case most just charge for their handling/postage.

simondbarnes

What wiggles said

ticsmon

I was in the same boat. My lbs sent them for me but I had to pay the postage. Wether it’d be quicker sending them yourself, I don’t know

simondbarnes

Wether it’d be quicker sending them yourself, I don’t know

It wouldn’t because you can’t

scotroutes

Sounds like you’ve a very understanding/ realistic LBS. Take them there and ask them to deal with Fishers. They might ask you to pay postage but it’ll still be less than sending them to Germany

coconut
    Free Member

It wouldn’t because you can’t

I did, and you can 8)

Your bike shop only needs to log the fork number on the SRAM system, you can send them direct to SRAM once you have the ref number.

mcnultycop

which German retailer? They’ve been ace and refunded postage fees for me at Bike Discount.

dan09
    Free Member

Thanks all for your posts.
    Forks came originally from Bike Discount, so based on mcnulty’s experience might be worth contacting them first I’m thinking…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox warranty service, bought online’ is closed to new replies.