Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rockshox spring weights – which spring do i need for my coil u turns?
  • stevede
    Free Member

Afternoon all,
    i’ve just fitted some sektor coils and i think the stock spring is too soft. I can’t find recommended weights anywhere so does anyone know which spring i’ll need? I’m just over 14st kitted up. They are Sektor rl 150mm coil uturns.
    Cheers in advance,
    Steve

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Are you bottoming out the fork when riding?

Yetiman
    Free Member

Taken from the spares catalogue

X-Soft Silver 130mm – 2011 Sektor Coil Spring/Shaft Assy,
    Soft Yellow 130mm – 2011 Sektor Coil Spring/Shaft Assy,
    Medium Red 130mm – 2011 Sektor (requires Top Cap Kit – Sektor)
    Firm Blue 130mm – 2011 Sektor (requires Top Cap Kit – Sektor)
    X-Firm Black 130mm – 2011 Sektor (requires Top Cap Kit – Sektor)

stevede
    Free Member

TJ – i’ve only had chance to do the scientific car park test so i’ll know more once i ride them but i’m giving up about 40mm in sag without kit on so i reckon i’ll need at least a firm.
    Yetiman – its a 150mm coil u turn spring assy i need, i’ve found them on tf i just need some guidance on whether i’ll be needing a blue or black really.
    Cheers for replies so far.

carlos
    Free Member

Can’t you just call Tf and ask them??

What size bike are you on, my mate had a Large Spesh and it came with the Frim spring as standard, but being a big lad needed X-Firm. The Medium on the other hand came with a Medium spring as standard.

Doesn’t help as the Sektor isn’t listed but I guess this is the sort of thing your after – http://www.sram.com/_media/pdf/service/coil_spring_chart.pdf

LoCo
    Free Member

Firm spring if they are giving 40% static sag, X firm will be too firm 😀

noidea
    Free Member

As Loco has said Firm should be ideal,he fitted one to mine when i bought mine from him.I was 15st fully kitted when i bought them and the firm was fine.Have now since fitted the standard after hitting the gym lol.

stevede
    Free Member

Cheers for info,
    Loco (simon) i’m waiting on the blackbox rebound damper coming in stock to you from fishers so you can fit and do your magic on, was for my Pikes, will now be for my Sektors which i got 2nd hand but almost new off here. I’ll get you to fit a firm spring at the same time, kill 2 birds with one stone if that’s ok.
    Cheers,
    Steve

stevede
    Free Member

noidea or carlos – do either of you have a firm spring spare that would fit my 150mm u turn sektor? Cash waiting.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox spring weights – which spring do i need for my coil u turns?’ is closed to new replies.