Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rockshox Sid 2011 problem damping leg?
  • Janesy
    Free Member

Ive had these SID RLT 2011 since October and probably done 1000km on them. Ive started not getting all the travel. So ive taken the lowers off and can push the ‘air’ rod all the way up. and the damping leg couldn’t be pushed in the last 3cm.

So whats wrong with the damping leg? ive had problems before with Rockshox but that was the air chambers.
    Any ideas?

julianwilson
    Free Member

Is it/was it new? Have you/has someone else ever changed the damping oil?

Given that the air spring rod goes in further than the damper one, my money’s on there being too much oil in the top of the right leg. I had this on a reba once and i rode and indeed raced it about five times before i even realised i wasn’t getting full travel. 😳 Oil volume is ‘critical’ (rockshox’s wording!) on motion control dampers. Look up the oil volume on the sram/rockshox website servicing pdf, take off the right side top cap, remove the damper and empty the oil (tip it upside down and leave to drain as there may be a couple of cc lurking behind the reboundn damper seal head). Then use a syringe or similarly super-accurate measuring device to refill. Before you put the lowers back on, check to see of the damper rod goes any further in than it did before.

Janesy
    Free Member

They were new and working untill 150km ago (at a guess)

I will do what you have said and empty the oil and see if that helps. Im trying to get out of a service at tftuned as I dont have £100 to spend right now.

julianwilson
    Free Member

On the basis that it was a new fork and you haven’t messed with it in the 9 months you’ve had it, is it worth a warranty claim?

Janesy
    Free Member

warranty claim fills me with dredd. what and where to I send it etc?
    Any help appriciated.

Do I say Ive taken the lowers off and explain the damping leg doesn’t go up fully?

LoCo
    Free Member

Return to place of purchase with proof of purchase and they’ll send them back for a warranty inspection.

z1ppy

Sent my American imported Rev’s back to FisherOutdoor/SRAM UK (via an LBS, as per their insructions), after a quick email to them, and they dealt with em. I was a very happy bunny, as I’d expected to have to pay to get em fixed.

I contacted them via this page:
    http://www.fisheroutdoor.co.uk/contact.asp

I’d drop them back together, see if they get full travel, if not contact Fisher’s (or ask your LBS to do it via their online account).

Janesy
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Thanks will do.

Do I mention that Ive taken the lowers off? as it will be hard to describ the damping rod not going fully in.

Janesy
    Free Member

Drained all oil out of the damping side, rod can now be pushed up inside.
    Refilled with 105ml and it works fine.

It had 110ml or there abouts. weird. but now happy.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Perhaps a slight mixing of oil and air had increased the overal volume in time?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Sid 2011 problem damping leg?’ is closed to new replies.