Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Rockshox servicing for an idiot
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

hi there!

i'm an idiot with a pair of solo-air recons (very happy with them)

every now and then i take off and drain the lowers, clean all the slidy bushes / seals / stanchions and stuff, smear all the slidy bits with some 10 weight oil, put the legs back on, squirt about 10/15 mls of oil in the holes in the bottom of the legs, and put the bolts back in.

is there anything i'm doing wrong, or missing out?

(bike got covered in muck on monday, needs a good clean before i ride this weekend, a fork service is on the list)

thanks!

letmetalktomark

Its all I do 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You need to change the damping oil (Top of right leg) and open the air cartrigdge up when you've got the lowers off (From bottom of stanchion with lowers off, usually under a circlip) and clean and lube it.

You need 5wt for the damping but your 10wt will be fine in the air spring

You also need to know the correct quantity of damping oil to put back in. It will be about 110cc, but the exact quantity is on the RockShox website somewhere (User specs???)

It has to be said that if you already know how to take the lowers off, the rest will be very easy for you. You might need a 24mm socket or ring spanner for the top of the damping leg, and some circlip pliers to remove the air spring cap, but that's it. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox servicing for an idiot’ is closed to new replies.