Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rockshox sektor replacement compression damper?
  • tone46
    Free Member

After some fool (ahem) mashed the top nut up, I’m looking for a replacement. The sektors are steel uppers so that rules out sid’s, recon gold dampers etc but looking about on the interweb suggests Argyle maybe but they seem pretty rare. Was also looking at recon silvers but I’m not 100% sure.

Anyone out there able to shed some light? Cheers all. 🙂

tone46
    Free Member

Yea cheers bud, seen that one. Problem is I think that one is for Aluminium upper tubes which are a smaller internal diameter than the steel uppers.

I’ve spotted this one and the recon silver does have steel uppers so maybe….. Does anyone know for sure?

https://www.athleteshop.co.uk/rockshox-fork-part-damper-kit-recon-silver-motion-control?gclid=CPiuqIH99ssCFdMV0wodujMETg

Cheers all

phutphutend

I’ve got some Sector Silver uppers, including the damper you can have. If you’re local to Bristol you can come and pick them up. Otherwise, if you want them you you’ll have to wait until I have some time to sort postage in a couple of weeks.

jjmcewan<AT>btinternet<<DOTCOM>>

tone46
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer phutphutend top man ,but I’ve ordered a new damper unit from a different fork.
    I’ll post the results up if it fits…………If it doesn’t I’ll have pulled my own fingernails out in the garage 🙄

tone46
    Free Member

Ok, I now know 100% a Rockshox Tora Turnkey damper will NOT fit a Rockshox Secktor fork. Dohh!
    It will screw in and work but the Tora compression damper is longer and will hit the rebound damper just before you get full travel. Good job I checked beforehand!
    You can’t even just change the cap. Because the two dampers, despite looking almost identical from the outside, are manufactured differently inside and the pushrods won’t fit. Double Dohh!

Not all bad news though, a chance conversation with a mate led to a bit of swapping of parts so Its sorted now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox sektor replacement compression damper?’ is closed to new replies.