Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rockshox Sektor Gold RL Air 150 Clanking Stanchions
  • chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Well I’m doing well with this build frame returned (Ragley), seatpost (Funn), knee pads (Fox) and now it looks like the fork (6 months old), confirming what I already suspected manufactured goods have fell off a quality cliff in the past 10-15 years.

And no it’s not the headset I’ve checked it! the play and clank is at the stanchions and IME any play on continuously moving parts always get’s worse over time.

A quick google shows I’m not the only one who has had this problem, in fact there’s a thread on this very forum, anyone else had the same with Sektors or the Revs there derived from?

deviant
    Free Member

Nope, mine are a couple of years old and great.
    They feel bombproof but then they are ‘old fashioned’ coil spring items.

warpcow
    Free Member

May be trying to teach you to suck eggs, but you’re sure it’s not the brakes or play in the hub bearings?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Yup sucking eggs mate, bin there done that, wheel (Mavic) is new with no play correctly tensioned bolt-thru axel, disc and calliper bolts tight, plenty loctite on them they’ve not budged.

warpcow
    Free Member

The pads though? If it’s not them then another return I’d say. My Sektor is a couple of years old now with no play.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

warpcow – Good point will check them to eliminate.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Nope not the pads either. Feels like all the play/clank is on the damper side rather than the air spring side, FFS not even smashed it round Lee Quarry or hit any drops bigger than 2 ft yet, this is piss poor for a 32mm long travel which should stand up to some pretty heavy duty riding, not a happy bunny at moment 😡

fr0sty125
    Free Member

My Sektor RL never made/make this noise I don’t really use them any more apart from when my main forks are off for warranty, looks like they will be off for another trip soon.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Sektor Gold RL Air 150 Clanking Stanchions’ is closed to new replies.