Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Rockshox Sektor Damper removal video
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Gonna be changing mine soon.. Anyone know of any video links for said procedure?
    Cheers

BadlyWiredDog

They basically work like any other current RS fork if that’s any help. the top-out spring is part of the rebound damper assembly, so basic disassembly is the same as with a Pike or a Revelation or whatever. You pop the lowers off, invert the fork, remove the circlip(s) and it’ll simply pull out. If you invert the fork, the damper oil will just sit there. If you’re just swapping the rebound damper – are you? – you don’t need to take the MoCo at the top end of the fork out at all.

SOAP
    Free Member

Yeah it will be just to change the damper to a black box one.

BadlyWiredDog

This – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48_O2xWU9RE shows you how to remove the rebound damper, but like I said, you don’t need to take the Motion Control gubbins off, so ignore that first bit.

If it’s an air Sektor you don’t need to worry about the top-out spring, because there isn’t one, if you have a coil Sektor, the top-out spring is on the original rebound damper.

SOAP
    Free Member

Thanks for the link BadlyWiredDog so do I not have to remove the lowers and just undo the Damper and then refit? maybe change the oil

BadlyWiredDog

Yep, you have to remover the lowers, but not the Motion Control unit, so basically:

1. Lowers off.

2. Sit the fork upside down so the oil above the rebound damper doesn’t run out.

3. Remove the circlip that holds the rebound damper assembly in place and remove it.

4. Put the new one in.

5. Reinstall lowers with fresh oil etc.

john

Err, I thought that the main bit of motion control/black box damping is the cartridge in the top of the fork leg, so that would need to be removed to change damping. I thought the bit that can be removed from the bottom of the leg is just a plunger that forces the oil through the damper cartridge in the top. Am I missing something?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Sektor Damper removal video’ is closed to new replies.