Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rockshox Seals kit , which one.
  • stanfree
    Free Member

Looking for some help , my 2011 Rochshox Recon Gold RL (Air) are starting to have a bit of play in them and could probably do with some Tlc.

The forks came stock with a Canyon Nerve 6 and by all accounts the crush washer can go and allow a bit of play in them. Even If this isn’t so they haven’t been serviced at all. The problem is which seals do I need.
    Your help as always is appreciated.

Cheezpleez

What sort of play? Sounds odd to me. If it was the crush washer you’d surely be able to nip the lower bolt up a bit and sort it out (ish).

If it’s front to back wobble then it’s more likely to be bushings, which is much more faff.

Seals shouldn’t lead to play but if you want to do a full service then Loco off here should be able to supply you with the bits you need for a fair price.

stanfree
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply , I originally thought it was the headset but did it up tight and still getting a fair bit of movement with the front brake on rocking the bike. The forks still work Ok but make more of a squelch when compressing them and the air holds well. It feels like there is a bit of movement maybe about 1mm when pushing the forks up and down. ???

Cheezpleez

Try holding the headset (top then bottom) when you rock it. you may feel play if its that. next try the same thing on the fork – put a finger between the stanchion and lowers. If you feel play here it’s likely to be fork bushings.

Could also be hub bearings or even a loose QR by the sound of it.

stanfree
    Free Member

Thanks for your help Cheezpleez , I’ll give it a go. 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Seals kit , which one.’ is closed to new replies.