• This topic has 60 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by 5lab.
Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Rockshox Reverb FAIL!!
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

ivantate – move.
    Strangely I don’t live anywhere near where Fisher are 😯

mieszko
    Free Member

Sounds romantic. Remember to take some flash grenades when going to pick the post from her then. 😉

dezmtber
    Free Member

sweet fisher warranty i will say is the best around really.
    i had the totem 2 step forks, the 2 step broke they fitted a solo air.
    i rode them for a year and the 2 step fix was not avalable so they offered me either the price difference or a full refund 🙂
    after a year riding them, thats just above and beyond.

i would be very surpiced thou if the post will be fixed tmz?

if it is then it will only be a bleed issue.

as there still waiting for stock of new dampers at fishers.

Northwind

brakes – Member

does anyone make one that works?

The Gravity Dropper has been around forever and works brilliantly. When it does (rarely) go wrong you can fix it with a multitool and, just occasionally, a set of mole grips. They are proper workmanlike kit. But incredibly ugly, so people would rather buy flashier prettier non-working crap.

hugor
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I had nothing but problems with the Joplin and was just about to buy one of these thinking that Rockshox have had a bit of experience in seals and would make a reliable product.
    I have a GD and agree with the comments above that they are very easy to fix yourself. They are also quite easy to customise by creating custom drop heights with extra drill holes in the stem.
    I have read lots of good things about the KS posts and no real stories of failures. I have however lost my faith in hydrolic posts.
    The other I like the look of is this one.
    http://www.rasebike.com/cart/

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Well an update on the wonderful service provided by Fisher…

I got my post back yesterday evening, all fixed up and working a treat having had seals replaced and everything tightened properly. It’s a new product so I’ll accept teething problems when support is as good as they provide.

Couple of complimentary bottles and a few pairs of SRAM socks just seems above and beyond good customer service in my opinion.

Buy SRAM.

Trimix
    Free Member

+1 for Fisher service.

My mate has had to send his Gravity Dropper back to the states to get it fixed !

My Reverb is working fine.

trout
    Free Member

Jealous now as mine has gone back to CRC. 🙁
    will they then send it to fishers

MentalMickey
    Free Member

Hi Groovers. 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiakVIfTW0Q[/video]

DT78
    Free Member

Yep, seals failed on my reverb too, after approx 5 rides.

Mine should be back end of the week, turn around was approx 3 weeks via Merlin, though I did say no rush as I was on hols without the bike (luckily)

I am hoping that’s it fixed. Will not be happy if it goes wrong again, irrespective of being repaired quickly, it shouldn’t be going wrong in the first place.

What I don’t understand is every bike mag giving them 10/10 with no reported failures. Yet on the forums there seems to be more than a couple of people with teething issues…

And for those who don’t see the point of a uppy downy and post amusing pictures of q/r seat clamps I bet you haven’t tried one. When they work they are really brilliant.

billyboy
    Free Member

Do not invest your HOPE or FAITH into any notion that FISHERS are definately going to help.

Make sure anything you send to FISHERS is sent recorded delivery.

Do be amazed and pleased if FISHERS do do something properly and promptly.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

That video is great isn’t it. But he’s missing a trick – reaching down and changing the front gear with your hands whilst riding along. After all, it saves buying a front mech and shifter.

Personally I like to keep my hands on the bars whilst blasting through twisty singletrack then pressing a lever on my bars to drop the saddle for the big drop off.

Still, each to their own…

Junkyard
    Free Member

people would rather buy flashier prettier non-working crap

this is so true and you cant even see your seatpost when riding.
    Oh I know these brakes may fail on a descent but look how pretty they are

Trimix
    Free Member

DT78, when you say your seals failed, does that mean mud/grit/crap got in past them, I assume thats what you mean. Were you riding in the wet / winter / mud then ? Or was that just recently in the dry dusty conditions we have been having ?

Mine seems fine, but Ive not ridden it through a UK winter. TBH if I did I would put a sleave on it. Or fit a crud catcher, as expecting a seal to last during a UK winter fitted up next to the rear wheel is expecting too much.

But Id be interested to hear what sort of conditions yours went through.

Cheers

MentalMickey
    Free Member

boriselbrus – Member
    That video is great isn’t it. But he’s missing a trick – reaching down and changing the front gear with your hands whilst riding along. After all, it saves buying a front mech and shifter.

Personally I like to keep my hands on the bars whilst blasting through twisty singletrack then pressing a lever on my bars to drop the saddle for the big drop off.

Still, each to their own…

Some people really get their panties in a bunch, when someone else has a skill they don’t themselves possess. 😆

Northwind – Member
    brakes – Member
    does anyone make one that works?

The Gravity Dropper has been around forever and works brilliantly. When it does (rarely) go wrong you can fix it with a multitool and, just occasionally, a set of mole grips. They are proper workmanlike kit. But incredibly ugly, so people would rather buy flashier prettier non-working

One thing I thought about if buying one of those Gravity Droppers is perhaps buying that cover that was meant for the Cane Creek Thudbuster.
    Looks like something that might fit and 1) make it looks slightly less unsightly and 2) help protect it from mud n’ sh*te.

But ultimately I agree with the viewpoint that it’s far better to buy something that is practical over something simply more aesthetically pleasing.

I’d like someone to re-make a new up to date version of that old Hite-Rite, something really simple yet solid and unbreakable, then get themselves with a pitch for investment on my favourite ‘Dragons Den’ program. 😉

kimbers

What I don’t understand is every bike mag giving them 10/10 with no reported failures. Yet on the forums there seems to be more than a couple of people with teething issues…

id noticed that too, as ever- dont believe the hype!

my gravity dropper should be here tomorrow 🙂

DT78
    Free Member

No mud, lovely dry rides only, 4 local woodsy singletrack rides, first proper ride (skyline) on the descent it stopped returning to full height. On checking all the psi had come oout and it wouldn’t hold anymore. I’m 13.5 stone in kit so not a huge biffer and didn’t have a crash, so looks like the bottom seal came loose / failed.

I was worried about scratching the stanchion though when it comes to winter… to be honest I’ll properly swap it back to the thomson for wet muddy rides

Junkyard
    Free Member

kimbers can you e-mail me for an unrelated Sci -fi geekery offer – your mail is not in priofile.

iBaa
    Free Member

My Reverb is starting to play up, slow to return even though it is fully bleed and the saddle needs a nudge to get it to rise sometimes.

dezmtber
    Free Member

that guy droping his post on the vid belongs in a circus. i am sure most of us are capable of doing what he does no problem, but really thats just stupid, why do that when i can have the ease of a simple push button to do that for me 😛

to cover the post and keep the dirt of it use one of these simple fixes they fit real nice 😀
    http://lizardskins.com/store/products/rear-suspension-boot
    use ing a zip tie top and bottom to keep it sealed. and remove it every so often to check its clean and re lube the slider and seals

and to keep them running smooth without a little nudge to get them going keep the seal clean after every ride and apply some silicon lube to the seal and slider, just as you do with forks and rear shocks (or should be doing :D.

my post still works fine no problems at all.
    seems its just about keeping them in good working order for most of us, although there has been a few bad apples from some of the batches of rs reverbs.

5lab

my mates went on his first ride. Bottom o-ring went, wouldn’t hold pressure. Got it repaired foc (despite being an import) and works fine now

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reverb FAIL!!’ is closed to new replies.