Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rockshox Reverb advice please!
  • wittonweavers
    Free Member

Looking to buy a dropper seatpost and after a fair bit of discussion, i think i’m going to pay for the reverb rather than one of the cheaper alternatives.

I ride a Zesty 314 and i see i have options for the ‘hose length’. On the merlin site i an viewing i can choose between 1500 and 1650. Is it just a case of measuring the approximate distance on my bike between seat and handlebars (following the frame) or is there something else i should consider? Obviously 1500 hose cant be extended, but could 1650 be shortened if necessary?

Also, the posts state that they dont come with a bleed kit. Is this something i need to worry about??

Ta

jonk

I didn’t need to bleed mine after i shortened the hose so i’d go for the longer option.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I cut mine down but lost about 10th of a ml of fluid out the lever. It still worked, but not perfectly. Mate had a pot of reverb oil and I bled the lever as per the u tube clip. You don’t need to bleed the whole line. You just need one syringe from an avid kit. As soon as I did it, a miniscule bubble popped out and that was it.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Hose is easy to shorten.

Just need a Stanley knife and some good wire cutters. I’ve done a couple now with no need to bleed after.

No offence intended Thrustyjust, but you’d have to be quite clumsy, or unlucky, to need to bleed it after. If you needed to bleeed, bleeding is easy with the correct bleed kit.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Yeah, it just weeped a tiny bit on my fingers, not a lot, just unlucky with it. Was next to nothing, but wasn’t fussed as a mate had a bottle that came with his, mine was an OEM and didn’t.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reverb advice please!’ is closed to new replies.