Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • rockshox revelations . . How much play is deemed unserviceable ?
  • pitcherpro
    Free Member

Right then , i’ve got set of revelation 426 coils which i bought for much cheapness . The stanchions had a little bit of wear at the bottom around the seals but still worked fine . Now they have quite a lot of play/clonk/wobble in them . Is there any point stripping and rebuilding or would they be too far gone now ? I’m pretty good at turning a spanner (car mechanic ) and can do most things but have not stripped forks before . Any advice would be great !

LoCo
    Free Member

A service is fairly easy:

Have a look here:

http://www.sram.com/service/rockshox/7,107

for the guide.

Play in the bushing could be down to lack of lubricating oil in the lowers in conjunction with worn bushings and legs.

Bushings can be replaced however if the legs are badly worn it may not be possible to get them tight enough to stop them knocking.

jasonborne
    Free Member

Be careful with the stanchions and see whether it has any damage on it. even if it has small damage it will spoil the seal. Servicing Rockshox revelation is simple but need regular maintenance and that is a big headache. For any parts selection – http://www.tftunedshox.com/Catalogue/Shop-RockShox/RockShox/RockShox-Revelation-Parts

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Thanks , sounds like they’re probably past it then and not worth repairing !!! Oh well 🙁

CaptainBudget
    Free Member

Cannibalise them for spares!

…or get a spare set of lowers off someone.

mrplow
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of Lyriks that are going this way. I’m just going to ride them until I feel they are ruining the ride. Currently they knock nicely when unweighted going up hills but don’t feel bad on the downs.

martymac

arent toras the same lower leg as early revs?
    they were cheap on ebay last timei looked.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Just been out for a spin and they rattle around like a loose headset ( no its not that by the way!) and oil leaking out the lock out lever,which also seems to be packing up too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘rockshox revelations . . How much play is deemed unserviceable ?’ is closed to new replies.