Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Rockshox Revelation RL Help
  • zettabytes
    Free Member

Hi,

Hoping for a bit of advice. I recently bought some new Revelation RL forks, they’re a 2016 model so I thought it might be prudent to give them a lower leg service.

After putting them back together and reattaching to the bike I found that the Motion Control DNA adjuster was behaving differently. It used to do full lockout when in the 6 o’clock position but now the lockout occurs at the 3/4 o’clock position and the forks seem to have full travel either side of that. I didn’t go near the damper when doing the lowers so I’m not sure what I might have inadvertently altered.

Anyone had this happen or an idea of what I can do to fix it?

zettabytes
    Free Member

Found how to remedy this issue. Posting this in case any one else runs into it.

Teethgrinder’s fix is here http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rs-revelation-rlt-lockout-not-working

nickdavies

I was going to post it sounds like the lockout port switch has shifted – did you definitely not touch the uppers? Remove the top cap or anything? Weird if it moved of it’s own accord but it’s pretty common on an uppers service as you wouldn’t nessecarily realise it had happened, I had the same thing once when I switched from a remote to crown lockout, took a while of tinkering before figuring it out.

zettabytes
    Free Member

Yes it is odd, the only time I went near the uppers was to push the damper shaft back in after separating the lowers from the uppers.

Fixed now so I’m a happy bunny.

zettabytes
    Free Member

So this isn’t fixed as I first hoped. Everything was working correctly in the workshop last night but halfway through a ride today and things went doolally.

Put the adjuster in the 6 o’clock position for some hill climbs and then back to 1 o’clock for the descents but now it locks out at 1 instead of the 6 position and travels at 6 instead of 1…

I mean it’s no big deal but I would prefer if it was working in the correct postion tbh.

jam-bo

Mine did that. Fixed them as above and never had it again.

nickdavies

Sounds like the top cap isn’t engaging the lockout switch properly. Whip the damper out and check it’s all working as it should be. I have had a problem before where iirc a seal had gone in the top cap, I had to strip the damper down including the internals of the top cap.

Top cap to damper is a left hand thread reassemble with plenty of grease and careful with the seals in there.

zettabytes
    Free Member

After a bit of a look last night this seems to occur when there is weight applied to the forks. If I’m not putting any pressure on the forks then everything behaves as expected but if I put it in lockout, apply weight and move the blue lever to 1 o’clock then lockout ends up in that position.

Will pop it out and have a look at things as per suggestions, think I might I drain the oil and ensure it’s all at the correct levels at the same time.

Seeing I had got these forks for such a good price I had been pondering an upgrade to an RCT3 damper so might just move forward with that idea a bit sooner.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Revelation RL Help’ is closed to new replies.