Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • rockshox reba duel air problem…
  • MartynS

Girlfriend has reba SL duel air, motion control, 100mm, don’t know how old they are and don’t know when they were last serviced!

gone a bit stiff, messed about with the pressures in both the pos and neg air chambers. when letting pressure out of both there was a squirt of oil. So are they open bath damping? is this normal?

Might have to think about a fiddle with them.. They seem quite easy to work on. Any practical advice?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Careful opening them up. They might challenge you to a duel.

mtbfix

I’d be minded to fish the lowers off and clean and lube everything. That can help. A smidge of oil coming out of the valve is normal IME.

stevelolly
    Free Member

Had a similar problem with my Revelations. Took the lowers off , gave them a good clean , relubed the foam rings under the seals and then added some 15wt fork oil to the lowers and they feel good as new. If you Google it you should find some info on lower leg service.

Northwind

Wee bit of oil out of the springs is perfectly OK but it sounds like something else isn’t right. Lowers service is dead easy and worth doing just as a starting point.

cp

lube coming out with air is normal.

It’s well worth doing a lower leg service – remove lower legs, clean thoroughly and replace oil. Service manuals on the SRAM/rock shox website cover everything you need to know.

Northwind

JINX!

normski
    Free Member

‘Gone a bit stiff’ ?
    Prob one of 3 things:
    1. Damper oil has leaked from top right stanchion into lower of right leg causing hydraulic lock. Solution – new seal head £10
    2. Wiper seals and bushes dry or gunked up with dirt and moisture. Solution – good ‘ol clean and re-lube.
    3. Neg Air chamber not holding pressure. A dual air fork will feel pretty solid with no neg air. Solution – replace o-rings and check valve on lower air rod.
    Search youtube for official Sram service videos they’re fairly handy.
    Good luck 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

Martyn hope all is well with you. Meant to put a smiley face on my post. Sorry I can’t offer any practical help.

MikeG

What normski said, service shouldn’t take more than half an hour and there is a chap on ebay who sells the o rings and crush washers for under a tenner, search ‘reba seal kit’ and they are the ones that look like they are selotaped to a piece of card (because they are).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘rockshox reba duel air problem…’ is closed to new replies.